Andrew Jackson Jihad - Skate Park (Song)  » Music  »
  • Opening up with a brooding atmosphere created by the drums, the song quickly transitions into an actual riff which I actually think sound’s pretty interesting
  • Personally, I think that not having any instrumental breaks throughout this song was actually a smart move in that it granted a listener a taste of basically a relentless vocal delivery
  • The reason why I like this is because once the vocals build up the momentum and energy to the track, I’m glad that they don’t let up for the purpose of having an instrumental section which most likely is just comprised of some basic yet driving riffs
  • I will admit that compared to a lot of the other songs on this record, Skate Park is pretty basic in in its songwriting, but I nevertheless think that this song will certainly appeal to listeners who really enjoyed the more aggressive and energetic works present throughout the earlier albums of Andrew Jackson Jihad

• by grimmy101

Skate Park is a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad which appears on their 2011 record, Knife Man. Opening up with a brooding atmosphere created by the drums, the song quickly transitions into an actual riff which I actually think sound’s pretty interesting.

Thus far, the guitar riff is interesting, the bass can actually be heard fairly prominently in the mix, and the drums do a good job of establishing and sustaining a driving rhythm.

The vocals enter

for the first verse after about thirty seconds into the song and this is another energetic song from the band which has their characteristic sound that I’ve come to love about them.

Interestingly enough, something that I actually enjoy about this song is that it really doesn’t waste any time on instrumental breaks which can help explain why the duration of this song is only about a minute and a half.

Personally, I think that not having ...

• any instrumental breaks throughout this song was actually a smart move in that it granted a listener a taste of basically a relentless vocal delivery.

The reason why I like this is because once the vocals build up the momentum and energy to the track, I’m glad that they don’t let up for the purpose of having an instrumental section which most likely is just comprised of some basic yet driving riffs.

I will admit that compared

to a lot of the other songs on this record, Skate Park is pretty basic in in its songwriting, but I nevertheless think that this song will certainly appeal to listeners who really enjoyed the more aggressive and energetic works present throughout the earlier albums of Andrew Jackson Jihad.

Overall, Skate Park isn’t one of my personal highlights from this record but I still think it’s above average and is enjoyable to listen to now and then.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 149091530200430/k2311a099/9.9.11