Samsung CLX-2160 Printer  » Electronics  »
1.5
  • However, since I bought it, it has brought an endless influx of problems for my family and I, such as incorrect displays and its arguably frequent break-downs
  • I found this quite appalling, as this printer was only a few months old, yet such a serious problem had already arisen, whereas I myself have had a printer which lasted for years without me ever remembering a problem from it
  • In conclusion, I found this printer’s performance rather abysmal, as other than its interactive display along with its USB connectivity, the drawbacks which have occurred exceeded its benefits, thus gaining my rating of a 3

• by Matthew Lou

My family uses two printers, a Samsung CLX-2160 Printer for color prints, while a Mono Laser Printer for black and white pieces. I saw this Samsung CLX-2160 Printer at an IT fair, and though it was pricey, decided to buy it, as I heard that it was rather good, not to mention it’s was small for a color laser printer. However, since I bought it, it has brought an endless influx of problems for my family and I, such as incorrect displays and

its arguably frequent break-downs.

After purchase, the setup was rather easy and smooth, with its print quality up to standard. This, accompanied with the rather interactive interface did impress my family and I at the beginning. However, this, did not last long, as only a few months later, a few problems started to emerge.

Firstly, problems arose with the printing quality, with several print jobs, especially the ones consisting of over 20 pages, having smudges, thus requiring a reprint, which in turn ...

• wastes money. I found this quite appalling, as this printer was only a few months old, yet such a serious problem had already arisen, whereas I myself have had a printer which lasted for years without me ever remembering a problem from it. Thus, I sent it for maintenance, which did help to resolve the problem.

However, that was not the end of it, as only a few months later, it broke down while printing a 30 page report, and during that

duration of several months there were incidents where sheets of paper were stuck during the print job and we had to pull it out. We, then, had to send it for repairs again, as buying a new printer was much more costly than to repair an existing one.

In conclusion, I found this printer’s performance rather abysmal, as other than its interactive display along with its USB connectivity, the drawbacks which have occurred exceeded its benefits, thus gaining my rating of a 3.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 169091530030430/k2311a099/9.9.11