Picture Show at Merchants Exchange Dollar Theatre
4400 Roswell Road Marietta, GA 30062
  • If you want to see a movie in 3D the cost is three dollars and seventy five cents which is not bad considering that movies at the regular theatre average ten to eleven dollars
  • For being a dollar theatre, I was impressed that the theatre was not dirty and run down looking

• by pengirl

On Labor Day, it was a rainy day, and I was one of the fortunate people who had the day off of work. My sister and I were scheming about what to do while it was raining outside. Then I remembered one of my friends mentioning that they enjoy going to the dollar theatre.

I googled the dollar theatre, found a show I would like to see, and my sister and I were off for some cheap entertainment. My sister and I went and saw Zoo Keeper at the theatre.

The movies that are at the dollar theatre are the

movies that just left the regular theatre and are not yet on DVD. The movies are only a dollar and seventy five cents a piece and on Tuesdays the movies are only one dollar.

If you want to see a movie in 3D the cost is three dollars and seventy five cents which is not bad considering that movies at the regular theatre average ten to eleven dollars. For being a dollar theatre, I was impressed that the theatre was not dirty and run down looking.

The building is right next to a plaza and is off the main road ...

• and not facing the main road. If my GPS system had not told me, I would have passed the theatre because it is hard to see.

The theatre is set up so you get tickets out front but you can also purchase your tickets at the inside concession counter. The price for snacks is the same as a regular theatre, and you do not get a huge discount there.

Then there is maybe four or five rooms to watch the movies. The rooms are huge and have plenty of seating.

The seats are comfortable and are not hard. The screen was huge

and clear, and the movie started promptly.

The only negative aspects to the dollar theatre is that since it is a cheap price you have to get there real early, atleast 30 minutes, to get a ticket and seats together. My sister and I were unable to sit together at the theatre.

Also, the theatre is crowded, so there will be long lines for the tickets and concessions, and a lot of people standing or walking around. Overall, I will return to the theatre because watching a cheap movie that is right out of the regular theatre is worth the long lines and crowds.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 329091530020430/k2311a099/9.9.11