Andrew Jackson Jihad - No One (Song)  » Music  »
  • Opening up with a simplistic drum rhythm and some other subtle instruments playing along, the vocals soon come into the track and the vocal delivery surprisingly has a blues-sound to it in my opinion
  • Returning to the track, the vocal performance is great and the dynamics gradually build throughout the track which keeps everything interesting
  • In terms of songwriting, I would go as far as saying that this is the track which has the most mature songwriting throughout the record thus far and the best execution of it
  • As I said before, I think that No One has some of the best songwriting on the album and is one of my personal favorites from this record

• by grimmy101

No One is a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad which is the ninth song on their newest release, Knife Man. Opening up with a simplistic drum rhythm and some other subtle instruments playing along, the vocals soon come into the track and the vocal delivery surprisingly has a blues-sound to it in my opinion.

Something I should mention about this track is that it’s the first song on the second half of the record which I personally think

is the stronger side, at least based on first impressions.

After my first listen of the record, I did like some songs throughout the first eight on the album, but the second eight made much stronger impressions on me.

Returning to the track, the vocal performance is great and the dynamics gradually build throughout the track which keeps everything interesting.

In terms of songwriting, I would go as far as saying that this is the track which has ...

• the most mature songwriting throughout the record thus far and the best execution of it.

After about two minutes and twenty seconds into the track, a guitar solo comes in which is the second the band has put on this record which is a small but nice touch.

Appropriate to the vocals, the solo has a blues-like feel to it and I must say that Andrew Jackson Jihad sounds great with this tone in my opinion.

After going

through the first nine tracks of the record, a listener really gets a good feeling for the diverse range of sounds Andrew Jackson Jihad is capable of in that they hear some very quick and energetic tracks, more laidback songs, a ballad-like song, and then this song has a blues-like feeling to it.

As I said before, I think that No One has some of the best songwriting on the album and is one of my personal favorites from this record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148091529750130/k2311a098/9.8.11