Andrew Jackson Jihad - Back Pack (Song)  » Music  »
  • This is yet another example of Andrew Jackson Jihad expanding and playing around with their song on this album and it works to their advantage in my opinion
  • I will admit that Back Pack lacks the catchy vocal melody or energy that was present on the preceding tracks on this record and I personally thought it was a fairly average to boring track my first listen on this record, but after a few more listens I think that the song isn’t too bad
  • It’s not personally one of my highlights from this record or one that I would really recommend to a listener trying to get into the band, but the song isn’t so weak to the point that I wouldn’t be able to tolerate it

• by grimmy101

Back Pack is a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad which appears as the fourth track on their record Knife Man. Opening up with a brooding rhythm guitar, the vocals come in soon enough and I would characterize this song as having more of a ballad feeling.

Although the previous track on the record, American Tune, didn’t have the characteristic aggressive sound, I wouldn’t go so far as to say that it felt like a ballad like this track does.

In terms of the vocal delivery, the

tone is still fairly rough (I don’t believe I’ve ever heard an Andrew Jackson Jihad song where I could classify the vocals as having a very smooth sound to them) and it actually makes use of some background female vocals which is something I don’t believe I’ve ever heard the band utilize throughout any of their albums or EPs.

This is yet another example of Andrew Jackson Jihad expanding and playing around with their song on this album and it works to their advantage in ...

• my opinion.

I will admit that Back Pack lacks the catchy vocal melody or energy that was present on the preceding tracks on this record and I personally thought it was a fairly average to boring track my first listen on this record, but after a few more listens I think that the song isn’t too bad.

so weak to the point that I wouldn’t be able to tolerate it.

Thus far, I’ve heard a quick opening track, a very energetic and aggressive track, a slower song, and a ballad so if the pattern continues Andre Jackson Jihad should probably be coming up with something fairly fast on the next song.

Overall, I’d say that Back Pack tries to go for a sound the band really hasn’t explored and I personally think there’s still a bit of room for improvement with this sound.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148091529710130/k2311a098/9.8.11