Radiohead - Bloom (Song)
  • What I like about Yorke’s vocal performance throughout the first vocal section of the song is that he doesn’t seem to sound very restrained at all, he shows off both his range and tone and sounds very fitting with the music behind him
  • After a strong vocal performance by Yorke throughout a lot of the start of the song, the band launches into an instrumental section about two and a half minutes into the track which has a very airy and dream-like sound to it, but it thankfully keeps up its tempo and doesn’t draw boring
  • After about a minute of this instrumental passage, Yorke comes back in with another vocal delivery from the track and although I still think he sounds great, I think it would’ve been nice if he had altered his delivery slightly in this verse so as to give a distinction in comparison to the first two on the song
  • Though I still haven’t listened to the album too many times, Bloom was always one of the tracks that I enjoyed when it came up

• by grimmy101

Bloom is a song by Radiohead which appears on their most recent record, The King Of Limbs. Opening up with a quick piano line along with a guitar, the drums join the mix and the band establishes a general rhythm with actually quite a lot going on before Thom Yorke comes in with the first verse of the song after about a minute in.

What I like about Yorke’s vocal performance throughout the first vocal section

of the song is that he doesn’t seem to sound very restrained at all, he shows off both his range and tone and sounds very fitting with the music behind him.

After a strong vocal performance by Yorke throughout a lot of the start of the song, the band launches into an instrumental section about two and a half minutes into the track which has a very airy and dream-like sound to it, but it thankfully ...

• keeps up its tempo and doesn’t draw boring.

After about a minute of this instrumental passage, Yorke comes back in with another vocal delivery from the track and although I still think he sounds great, I think it would’ve been nice if he had altered his delivery slightly in this verse so as to give a distinction in comparison to the first two on the song.

Nevertheless, I still think that Bloom has a nice

sound overall and I’ll admit that it was one of the handful of songs from The King Of Limbs that stuck out to me even from the first listen of the record.

Though I still haven’t listened to the album too many times, Bloom was always one of the tracks that I enjoyed when it came up.

Though not one of my favorite Radiohead songs released throughout their career, it is one of the stronger songs on this record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148091529680130/k2311a098/9.8.11