Bon Iver - Re: Stacks (Song)
2.5
  • Though the song of the track is clear pretty soothing and relaxing, it unfortunately strikes me as a little bit bland thus far and I’m hoping that either the vocal performance takes on more of an identity or a more interesting instrumental section comes up
  • Though I personally enjoyed the songwriting for the most part more on Bon Iver’s debut album, I will admit that the tracks throughout the second record seem to have more distinguishing qualities to them which is what I find this song to be lacking in
  • Nevertheless, if you find that you enjoyed the general relaxing sound present throughout For Emma, Forever Ago then I would still recommend giving Re

• by grimmy101

Re: Stacks is a song by Bon Iver which appears on their debut record For Emma, Forever Ago. Opening up with a melodic acoustic guitar pattern, the vocals to the song come in after about a minute into the length with yet another gentle and delicate melody.

strikes me as a little bit bland thus far and I’m hoping that either the vocal performance takes on more of an identity or a more interesting instrumental section comes up.

Contrary to what I was hoping for, neither of my hopes for this song ended up coming true and the song progresses on for six and a half long minutes where I just find the sound to be very bland and really lacking in identity.

Though the song in itself is enjoyable now and then, when placed in the context of this full record, the band really needs something to have the songs sound distinct from each other rather than so similar.

Though I personally enjoyed the songwriting for the most part ...

• Bon Iver - Re: Stacks (Song)
      more on Bon Iver’s debut album, I will admit that the tracks throughout the second record seem to have more distinguishing qualities to them which is what I find this song to be lacking in.

Another thing to note about this track is that it’s the longest song on the record so it is really the one which needs a distinguishing

quality even more so than any of the other songs.

Nevertheless, if you find that you enjoyed the general relaxing sound present throughout For Emma, Forever Ago then I would still recommend giving Re: Stacks a try, but I can’t say that this is one of my personal favorites and I really only enjoy listening to it now and then by itself.

Laudemhir Jan Parel says :

re : Though the song of the track is clear pretty soothing and relaxing, it unfortunately strikes me as a little bit bland thus far and I’m hoping that either the vocal performance takes on more of an identity or a more interesting instrumental section comes up
Personally, I think this is the best song on his debut. Soft, laid-back, raw and full of emotions. I don’t think I could label something like that as "bland" just because it doesn’t blow up. :) But of course I respect your opinion too.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 148091529660130/k2311a098/9.8.11