USN Protein Mass Builder Supplement  » Health  »
  • Taste In all honesty, although I love the taste of strawberries, the USN strawberry flavored protein mass builder doesn't taste nearly as good as a real strawberry or even a strawberry milkshake
  • Lastly, the best of all, I managed to pack on the pounds proper and officially gained 8kg of lean muscle mass according to my digital-display bathroom scale but the results really spoke for themselves when everybody that hadn't seen me in a while noticed the difference and commented

• by Scripted

I had somewhat of a negative attitude towards the use of supplements when I first started training with weights, back when I was around 15 years old, largely due to some of the misconceptions I had heard about muscle mass building supplements.

After four years odd, I hadn’t made much progress by way of building lean muscle mass and had run out of the motivation to eat a lot in an attempt to keep up with my energy needs and extra calorie needs to build muscles, so I tried a number of supplements in the subsequent years. I could say this was a nice period of experimentation as I jumped from one supplement to another, getting varied results each time, but as a hard-gainer not much progress was made.

When I hit the age of twenty one though, my decision to not hold back on the next supplement paid off as I spent R320 ($45) on USN’s Protein Mass Builder, which came in strawberry flavor on the recommendation of a sales person who seemed to know what he was talking about, as he was very well built (although I

didn’t want to get as big as he was), when I had previously been taking somewhat of short cuts in going for cheaper brands with smaller portions. It turned out to be a great way to go as the R320 bought me a five kilogram bucket of the stuff and a very big boost in muscle mass.

Taste

In all honesty, although I love the taste of strawberries, the USN strawberry flavored protein mass builder doesn’t taste nearly as good as a real strawberry or even a strawberry milkshake. In fact, I got quite sick of the taste after a while but still used it nonetheless, as I remembered something my dad once told me as small boy when I didn’t want to drink my medicine because it tasted really bad. That was that the bad tasting medicine works best, so I figured the same principle applied with this supplement, as I’d previously used supplements of the same class that tasted really good but weren’t as effective as I might have liked them to be. I really got sick of the taste after only three days of consuming two ...

• heaped scoops (about 120 grams) twice a day, after workouts, as indicated by the on-pack directions.

Intake

120 grams for my body weight of under 80kg was the order of the day and I made certain not to skip any days, especially after some hectic weight lifting sessions but what I also did was take in about 20 grams, 30 minutes or so before workouts, purely for the creatine monohydrate element the supplement complex has. The salesman recommended I also buy creatine monohydrate for pre-workout intake, but R320 was all I had to spend on supplements so I would pump my muscles with pre-workout energy in that way. The directions say it should be consumed with water, but I consume it with milk at times (which just adds more calcium since the supplement does have milk solids itself).

I don’t have a blender so I simply mix it up with the use a table spoon in a big drinking glass - it takes longer to mix the blend to the required texture (thick but runny paste), but it does the trick just as well.

Results

I didn’t hold back on the weight-lifting

regime and really pushed myself so the results were kind of inevitable, but I can really attribute much of those results to the use the USN Protein muscle mass builder supplement as there were some realizations I made. Firstly, my muscles recovered faster than before with the pains disappearing in a number of days (not more than 48 hours), which allowed me to squeeze in one or two more workout sessions per week.

Secondly, I never ever felt hungry as at times when life got too busy to sit down and have a proper meal, I would ingest a helping of USN Protein muscle mass builder and it did the job and kept me going.

Lastly, the best of all, I managed to pack on the pounds proper and officially gained 8kg of lean muscle mass according to my digital-display bathroom scale but the results really spoke for themselves when everybody that hadn’t seen me in a while noticed the difference and commented. The only price I had to pay was my disappearing six-pack abs but that’s always something I can work on before I hit the beach months of summer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348091529570130/k2311a098/9.8.11