Cien Sunscreen SPF 20  » Health  »
  • I have been hearing only praise about this one so so I decided to buy it
  • As far as the protection goes I think it is OK, I was exposed to some serious sun at times and I did not get burned, red or anything
  • The sunscreen also did not have any negative effects on my skin, I did not get any rashes or acne (yes, I had a experience with sunscreen and acne)

• by Mintaka

Can’t go to a seaside vacation without a sunscreen can you? I have been hearing only praise about this one so so I decided to buy it…

The bottle does not look really aesthetic as some “top” brands might, it looks quite antique compared to them but then again it is just a sunscreen, why would you need a fancy bottle.

There is all the important information on the bottle: this cream has UVA and UVB protection, it is moisturising with vitamin E, water resistant (it is), provides medium protection with SPF

20 and is under regular and independent quality control by Institute Dr. Schrader - I checked on-line, the institute is genuine.

The sunscreen is easy to apply from this bottle, it does not get messy. The cream is really thick so you will need to rub it in the skin to not look like a snowman. But it does not take long. After applying the skin seems softer. It is a little bit greasy, probably that is the water resistant part, but not to the extant that it would be annoying. The cream ...

• also has an amazingly pleasant smell to it. It’s hard to describe, it smells like a sunscreen only better - it has a sweet smell on it. I just love the scent my skin has after applying this.

I applied the cream before I went swimming. When I came out of the water the water drops were repelled from my body as if the skin would be a bit greasy which I guess means that this cream has some water resistant abilities - I did re apply it after though, since this is

advised for every sunscreen anyway.

As far as the protection goes I think it is OK, I was exposed to some serious sun at times and I did not get burned, red or anything. The skin was always soft and moisturised.

The sunscreen also did not have any negative effects on my skin, I did not get any rashes or acne (yes, I had a experience with sunscreen and acne).

I think this is a good sunscreen, it is cheaper than many others (I paid bellow €3/$4 for it) and am satisfied with it.

Barbara Birtwistle says :

re : I have been hearing only praise about this one so so I decided to buy it
    I love cien sunscreen its so easy to put on not heavy and sticky unlike some sunscreens and the aftersun is very cooling really good value products and just as good as the more fancier ones

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 348091529480130/k2311a098/9.8.11