The Flaming Lips - Hold Your Head (Song)
1.5
  • Opening up with some noise effects, actual instrumentation begins to come in after around twenty seconds to create an atmosphere which sounds pretty empty and confusing in my opinion
  • Unfortunately, the vocals to the track still sound incredibly undefined while passing up the halfway mark of this track, so a lot of attention goes to the music of the track rather than trying to comprehend the vocals to the song
  • Although I find the music on this track to be fairly interesting, I unfortunately do not think it’s quite strong enough to stand on its own as an instrumental and successfully hold a listener’s attention

• by grimmy101

Hold Your Head is a song by the Flaming Lips which appears on their album Hit To Death In The Future Head. Opening up with some noise effects, actual instrumentation begins to come in after around twenty seconds to create an atmosphere which sounds pretty empty and confusing in my opinion.

The vocals enter the track not too long after the instruments join in, but although they’re not buried in the mix, they sound blurred to me and difficult to

clearly hear.

As the track progresses, the music takes on a less confusing sound and although it still sounds experimental, it’s far easier to listen to than the mess that was present in the original.

Unfortunately, the vocals to the track still sound incredibly undefined while passing up the halfway mark of this track, so a lot of attention goes to the music of the track rather than trying to comprehend the vocals to the song.

As the track progresses on ...

• and ultimately comes to its close, I will admit that I’m able to identify at least a couple more lines of lyrics than I was at the beginning of this track, but the production just isn’t where I would personally like it to be unfortunately.

Because of this, the track ultimately ends up feeling more like an instrumental which features an incredibly blurred vocal section.

not think it’s quite strong enough to stand on its own as an instrumental and successfully hold a listener’s attention.

Overall, the song sounds as if it could have had some pretty good potential due to some musical sections which were interesting enough, but due to the poor quality of the vocals throughout the track, I personally don’t find myself enjoying this song and would not recommend it as one of the songs by The Flaming Lips to check out.

The Flaming Lips - Hold Your Head (Song)

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147091529310730/k2311a097/9.7.11