Eminem - If I Had (Song)  » Music  »
  • Despite this, I’m not saying that Eminem’s delivery on this track isn’t good, I was actually pretty impressed by quite a few lines throughout this track where is flow is just excellent
  • Overall, If I Had presents the listener with a different sound from Eminem which I personally enjoy now and then so I would recommend at least giving this track a listen

• by grimmy101

If I Had is a song by Eminem which appears on his album The Slim Shady LP. Opening up with a very laidback rhythm, I should mention right away that this rhythm is basically the feel that the song maintains throughout its entire duration.

Unlike many of Eminem’s later songs, his delivery on this track doesn’t sound too aggressive and he actually sounds pretty laidback with the rhythm itself.

Despite this, I’m not saying that

Eminem’s delivery on this track isn’t good, I was actually pretty impressed by quite a few lines throughout this track where is flow is just excellent.

Basically, the verses of this song are each similar to each other in that they describe what Eminem is tired of.

Though this may sound as if it’s a lyrical topic packed with complaining, we must put in perspective the environment and atmosphere Eminem was living in at this ...

• point in his career and also all throughout the time when he was growing up.

Continuing on, Eminem goes through several verses and choruses and as I said, the mood of the song basically stays the same and the track actually sounds fairly stripped down.

Besides the very simple rhythm present throughout the tracks duration and Eminem’s vocal performance, the song also makes use of some background female vocals here and there which aren’t that

important to the track as a whole, but a nice touch nonetheless.

Overall, If I Had presents the listener with a different sound from Eminem which I personally enjoy now and then so I would recommend at least giving this track a listen.

Though the aggression and energy that many of Eminem’s other songs possess are not present on this particular song, the emotion behind the track certainly isn’t lacking and the performance is not weak at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 147091529210730/k2311a097/9.7.11