Hotel Harrington (beware!), Washington DC  » Hotels  »
1.5
Washington, DC
  • Earlier this summer I took a business trip to Washington, DC, and my organization set up accomodations for my group at the Hotel Harrington, which was supposed to be comfortable accomodations in a convenient location
  • The staff was less than courteous, although I think they must have just been embarrased to be working at such a dump

• by LiberalFury
      Earlier this summer I took a business trip to Washington, DC, and my organization set up accomodations for my group at the Hotel Harrington, which was supposed to be comfortable accomodations in a convenient location. While the location, at the corner of 11th and E streets, was convenient and close to events, the accomodations were disgusting.

When I arrived in my room, the sheets were dirty, the towels were thin

and scratchy, and I opened my curtains to find that I had a view of a large sewer pipe.

The rooms themselves were tiny, they couldn’t have been over 12 x 15.

The “bathroom” was nothing more than a broom closet with a toilet, shower, and sink shoved into it.

The staff was less than courteous, although I think they must have just been embarrased to be working at such ...

• a dump.

I think that it’s possible that the Hotel Harrington was perhaps a really nice place at one time - 30 years ago.

But apparently the owner doesn’t want to keep the place up.

The rates for 2 double beds are $109 per night though, so it seems like they could schedule a little renovation.

If you are planning a trip to DC on a budget, howeer, and luxury

is no consideration, you can find rates for other rooms, maps, and additional information at the hotel’s website, hotel-harrington.

com.

You can also call 1-800-424-8532 or email [email protected]

com.

Please keep in mind, however, to turn off your computer’s speakers if you decide to visit the website.

If you do not, you will be blasted with a terrifying MIDI rendition of “Hail to the Chief” that is just as unbearable as the hotel itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in November, 2005. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2121115290230/k2311a1112/11.12.05