MAC Honey Lust Eyeshadow  » Cosmetics  »
  • I think that Honey Lust is wearable whatevery your age may be

• by deem

If you love unusual and unique eyeshadow colors and products, then MAC Cosmetics is a brand that you should explore. I have a number of the brands eyeshadows and find them to be generally very wearable and blendable. In addition, Honey Lust and some of the other colors of eyeshadow manufactured by MAC are definite keepers in my cosmetics stash.

Honey Lust is a luster eyeshadow. I received this eyeshadow in a palette and I confess that I did not immediately try it because it looked like a typical gold powder eyeshadow in the paletter. Because I already own a couple of different gold frost eyeshadows and do not wear them that often, it took me a while to decide to try Honey Lust.

However, I finally decided to give it a try. Wow! I was pleasantly surprized.

Unlike most other gold frost eyeshadows, Honey Lust is not very frosty. Instead, I find it to be more shimmery than frosty. In addition, though most other gold frost eyeshadows are basically a yellow gold color, Honey Lust is more of a tawny or “honey” color gold. Therefore, it escapes looking garish or tacky when applied. It is a more subtle, more elegant gold shade that is more neutral than most other gold eyeshadows and really very wearable. Honey Lust is also not as opaque as some other shadows. It is more of a translucent, sheer eyeshadow.

Because it is so toned down, I find Honey Lust to be very wearable. On my fair skin, Honey Lust actually applies as a gold with a lot of tan mixed in. Accordingly, it has almost a neutral tone eyeshadow effect even though it is shimmery when applied. I am over the age of 50 and I work in a professional office yet I find Honey Lust to be a very appropriate eyeshadow to wear even to work and even in the daytime. Honey Lust also, however, is a great shadow to wear for an evening out. My daughter has a darker complexion and she often wears Honey Lust when she is going out to a club in the evening.

I think that Honey Lust ...

• MAC Honey Lust Eyeshadow
      is wearable whatevery your age may be. It does not settle into fine lines and it does not emphasize any wrinkles or crepiness on my eyelids, which I confess that I do have. I think that this eyeshadow would be flattering to different skin tones from fair to dark and also cool, warm and neutral toned skin tones. Because it is so sheer, Honey Lust does not call attention to itself and works in combination with other shadow colors as well.

I find that Honey Lust is very blendable and also wears well. I apply it in the morning before I go to work and it is still in place hours later. I do not have oily eyelids, however, so I generally do

not need an eyeshadow primer under my eyeshadows. If you do have oily eyelids, then you will have to see whether you need a primer with Honey Lust eyeshadow.

Honey Lust eyeshadow is available at either freestanding MAC stores if there is one in your area or at some department stores. Honey Lust eyeshadow costs about $14.00 which is not too pricey fcr department store cosmetics products, but which is more than many drugstore eyeshadow products. However, I think that Honey Lust is worth it because it is so unusual and wearable. If there is a cosmetics outlet store at an outlet mall in your area, you should also take a look there. They often carry MAC cosmetics products at discounted products.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 317091528740630/k2311a097/9.7.11