The Flaming Lips - Vein Of Stars (Song)
  • As the song progresses, the band as a whole seems to become more prominent in the mix which enables the song to sound progressively more personal which is a good thing because in the beginning, I will admit that everything seemed to sound slightly distant in my opinion
  • Something I highly enjoy about this track is that the Flaming Lips do a wonderful job at creating and sustaining an atmosphere that I think can best be described as dream-like
  • Overall, the song is a highly melodic track from start to finish, so if you don’t find that you enjoy the atmosphere the Flaming Lips create, this unfortunately will not be changing throughout the track

• by grimmy101

Vein Of Stars is a song by The Flaming Lips which appears on their album At War With The Mystics. The song opens up in a melodic fashion and has an airy and free atmosphere created by the basic instrumentation present.

A guitar chord pattern soon comes in which helps to fill the empty atmosphere and finally the vocals also come in which have a gentle and light delivery to them, but not a delivery that I would describe

as weak.

As the song progresses, the band as a whole seems to become more prominent in the mix which enables the song to sound progressively more personal which is a good thing because in the beginning, I will admit that everything seemed to sound slightly distant in my opinion.

Something I highly enjoy about this track is that the Flaming Lips do a wonderful job at creating and sustaining an atmosphere that I think can best be described ...

• as dream-like.

This is due to the light vocal delivery from Wayne Coyne and also the fairly extended instrumental sections comprised of outside instrumentation.

Overall, the song is a highly melodic track from start to finish, so if you don’t find that you enjoy the atmosphere the Flaming Lips create, this unfortunately will not be changing throughout the track.

Personally, this is not a problem for me because I think the dream-like atmosphere and air the band is able to

create on this track sounds great and suits Coyne’s vocals on this track perfectly.

I would say that The Flaming Lips do manage to include some of their experimental sound on this track, particularly with the longer instrumental sections, but at the same time I would still say that this is a very accessible track and not one that’s difficult to get into.

Overall, Vein Of Stars is a very solid track and one to check out from this record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528440330/k2311a096/9.6.11