Eminem - Kim (Song)  » Music  »
  • I don’t say this in a bad way, because I think that it’s appropriate to the theme at hand, but I need to point out that Eminem sounds incredibly different on this track

• by grimmy101

Kim is a song by Eminem which appears on his album The Marshall Mathers LP. The track opens up in an innocent enough fashion with Eminem talking to his daughter, but a listener should soon hear the cynical tone which emerges from Eminem’s voice.

For those of you who are familiar with Eminem’s earlier work, this song is basically a prequel to Bonnie And Clyde.

I should mention right now that this is one of Eminem’s more explicit songs, so if those tend

to bother you then this track is certainly not for you and I would highly advise against it.

Interestingly enough, Eminem sounds like he never really has on this track.

Whereas Eminem is usually very fluid, light, and quick in his delivery, his vocal performance throughout this entire track is overly aggressive and basically shouting throughout.

I don’t say this in a bad way, because I think that it’s appropriate to the theme at hand, but I need to point out that Eminem ...

• sounds incredibly different on this track.

The song basically breaks down into having these shouting verses followed by a slower chorus which is less aggressive but just as dark.

In terms of lyrics, Eminem takes advantage of his talent of storytelling, but as I mentioned earlier, the lyrics are pretty explicit and as the song goes, the track gets darker and darker so I could certainly understand why so many people protested the music of Eminem.

Nevertheless, I personally find Eminem’s overall performance

on this track to be quite good and it’s incredibly clear and explicit that he has a lot of emotion behind his vocal performance due to the personal matter of singing about his own problems with his wife.

One complaint I do have against this song is that some of the things present seem overly theatrical and they seem to be there more for shock value rather than artistic integrity.

Nevertheless, if you want one of Eminem’s most aggressive songs, Kim would be the track.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528430330/k2311a096/9.6.11