Death Cab For Cutie - No Sunlight (Song)
  • The track opens up with bass, guitar, and drums exchanging in an interesting enough rhythm before a piano also joins in with a subtle but incredibly helpful line
  • I made a point to mention that although the piano was subtle, it was incredibly helpful and I should basically say this about all the instruments thus far in my opinion

• by grimmy101

No Sunlight is a song by Death Cab For Cutie which appears on their album Narrow Stairs. The track opens up with bass, guitar, and drums exchanging in an interesting enough rhythm before a piano also joins in with a subtle but incredibly helpful line.

The vocals soon join in as well and rather than the distant, melodic vocal delivery that I typically associate with the start of a Death Cab For Cutie, the delivery on this

track is still gentle but matches the fairly energetic music quite well.

I made a point to mention that although the piano was subtle, it was incredibly helpful and I should basically say this about all the instruments thus far in my opinion.

It seems to me that all the parts are incredibly simple, but the combination of all them simultaneously creates an interesting sound, particularly for Death Cab For Cutie as this song is far more ...

• energetic than usual.

The band does have a slightly even heavier section in this track, and although it doesn’t bad, I personally prefer the section that opens up the track because it sounds more unique and less of a pounding rhythm which strikes me as incredibly unoriginal.

I will admit that No Sunlight is a pretty repetitive track if we were to break it down and look at the structure; the opening vocal section comes in this song

quite a lot and really dominates this song, so if you find that you didn’t really enjoy that section, just be aware that it comes up quite a bit in this song.

Nevertheless, I personally enjoy the track and I would say it’s a welcome change of tone (Not to any extreme extent of course) for the band and since the track is only a bit over two minutes long, it really wouldn’t hurt to check out this song.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528370330/k2311a096/9.6.11