My Chemical Romance - Helena (Song)  » Music  »
  • As I said, this is a song which thrives on simple songwriting, but I must praise Way for his energetic delivery throughout the track and I think he does a good job of writing an incredibly accessible melody and certainly not a bad track that could work as a very good introduction to this band for a first time listener

• by grimmy101

Helena is a song by My Chemical Romance which appears on their album Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge. Gerard Way wastes no time with the vocal delivery on this track and initially sings in more of a whisper rather than a proper delivery throughout the first few parts of the opening verse.

Nevertheless, he doesn’t stick with this for too long and

takes on a far more aggressive and energetic vocal delivery which is far more characteristic to the typical pop-punk sound of My Chemical Romance after the verse goes on for a few lines and carries into the chorus.

Though My Chemical Romance is clearly not a band to be listening to for musical talent or brilliant songwriting, they are yet another one of the bands who does a good job of thriving on simplicity.

Because of this, a large portion of my enjoyment of this song is due to the energy I can hear from the band on this track despite being a studio recording.

The band goes through two cycles of verse and chorus before going into the bridge section of this track where ...

• My Chemical Romance - Helena (Song)
      a lot of the band drops out and Way sings with an effect on his voice which is slightly eerie (I’m assuming this is what they were going for), but nothing that impressive.

Overall, the bridge is pretty unexciting , but it does do its job of transitioning the song back into a final chorus of the track before the song comes

to its close.

As I said, this is a song which thrives on simple songwriting, but I must praise Way for his energetic delivery throughout the track and I think he does a good job of writing an incredibly accessible melody and certainly not a bad track that could work as a very good introduction to this band for a first time listener.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528330330/k2311a096/9.6.11