Radiohead - A Wolf At The Door (Song)
  • I personally don’t find this to be a problem because Yorke’s performance throughout the song is great as he typically is on Radiohead songs
  • If you usually find yourself listening to Radiohead for the music, you’ll probably enjoy the very brief instrumental opening of this track, but unfortunately the rest of this song is dominated by Yorke’s vocal performance so I do not think that this would be the best track for you
  • Nevertheless, I would still recommend at least giving this song a chance as I personally think Yorke sounds great throughout, although I will admit that I would’ve liked the music to have been slightly more prominent throughout the track as Radiohead sets up a very interesting sound in the beginning, but unfortunately doesn’t really go anywhere with it

• by grimmy101

A Wolf At The Door (It Girl. Rag Doll.

) is a song by Radiohead which appears on their album Hail To The Thief.

Opening up with a slow and hypnotizing rhythm, Yorke comes in with a vocal delivery which is equally hypnotizing and seems to blend in with the music perfectly.

I should mention right now that although the music is fairly prominent on the track, Yorke’s vocals do take the lead on this song and if you find

that you don’t enjoy his performance, I don’t think you’ll end up enjoying this song very much.

I personally don’t find this to be a problem because Yorke’s performance throughout the song is great as he typically is on Radiohead songs.

Toward about the halfway point in the song, the band goes into a fairly extended instrumental passage, but Yorke is still singing over it (Though only with ahhs rather than actual lyrics which is why I still deem ...

• this to be an instrumental section).

Overall, your opinion of A Wolf At The Door really depends on if you like Tom Yorke’s typical vocal performance or not.

If you usually find yourself listening to Radiohead for the music, you’ll probably enjoy the very brief instrumental opening of this track, but unfortunately the rest of this song is dominated by Yorke’s vocal performance so I do not think that this would be the best track for you.

Nevertheless,

I would still recommend at least giving this song a chance as I personally think Yorke sounds great throughout, although I will admit that I would’ve liked the music to have been slightly more prominent throughout the track as Radiohead sets up a very interesting sound in the beginning, but unfortunately doesn’t really go anywhere with it.

Nevertheless, Yorke gives a great vocal performance throughout and although the music is fairly subtle, it still aids the song as a whole.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528300330/k2311a096/9.6.11