Radiohead - Four Minute Warning (Song)
  • Though I liked the idea Radiohead had with this intro, I think that having a fade in last for a minute long may have gone slightly overboard
  • Nevertheless, once the track finally starts up I like the mood created because the song really isn’t overloaded with instrumentation and I like the very stripped down sound as it’s primarily just Yorke singing along with a simple tambourine rhythm, though there are a few other instruments present they just aren’t as prominent
  • Though some listeners may find the sound throughout Four Minute Warning to be too empty for their taste, I personally think that if the track had much more instrumentation going on, it would definitely take away from Yorke’s vocal performance which is something I definitely do not want to hear happen
  • Nevertheless, despite what I would consider to be a slight mistake here, Radiohead does make the smart decision of letting Yorke’s vocals take center stage throughout this track and deliver a melodic and emotional performance without being overwhelmed in the mix by instrumentation which is unnecessary and unhelpful to the track as a whole
  • Overall, Four Minute Warning is an incredibly calming track and one I would recommend

• by grimmy101

Four Minute Warning is a song by Radiohead which appears on their album In Rainbows. Opening up with a noise effect that is basically a gradual fade in, Four Minute Warning begins by establishing a very empty and void-like atmosphere before having some instrumentation finally join in and Yorke’s vocal delivery.

overboard.

Nevertheless, once the track finally starts up I like the mood created because the song really isn’t overloaded with instrumentation and I like the very stripped down sound as it’s primarily just Yorke singing along with a simple tambourine rhythm, though there are a few other instruments present they just aren’t as prominent.

Though some listeners may find the sound throughout Four Minute Warning to be too empty for their taste, I personally think that if ...

• the track had much more instrumentation going on, it would definitely take away from Yorke’s vocal performance which is something I definitely do not want to hear happen.

Though the track is slightly over four minutes in length, Radiohead is only able to get through two verses and two choruses before the track comes to its close.

Though I do feel satisfied with the amount of music I heard on this song, I still feel as if the

one minute fade in throughout the start of the song could’ve been shortened.

Nevertheless, despite what I would consider to be a slight mistake here, Radiohead does make the smart decision of letting Yorke’s vocals take center stage throughout this track and deliver a melodic and emotional performance without being overwhelmed in the mix by instrumentation which is unnecessary and unhelpful to the track as a whole.

Overall, Four Minute Warning is an incredibly calming track and one I would recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528290330/k2311a096/9.6.11