Radiohead - Karma Police (Song)
  • I believe Karma Police is one of the better known Radiohead songs, and I must say that I believe there is good reason for this
  • Serving as a nice contrast to Radiohead’s typical sound, I’m glad to hear the piano so prominent in the mix as I think Yorke’s voice does a nice job of complimenting the instrument which isn’t utilized enough by the band
  • Though this entire song is solid throughout, I thoroughly believe that the reason why this song is so well known is because of this bridge section which I’ve come to deem as iconic, at least in my opinion
  • OK Computer is definitely my favorite Radiohead album and Karma Police is one of the many gems on that record which is not to be missed

• by grimmy101

Karma Police is a song by Radiohead which appears on their album OK Computer. I believe Karma Police is one of the better known Radiohead songs, and I must say that I believe there is good reason for this.

The song opens up with in a fairly moderate tempo and is led by a piano before Yorke comes in with the first verse of the track and the drums also join in.

Serving as a nice

contrast to Radiohead’s typical sound, I’m glad to hear the piano so prominent in the mix as I think Yorke’s voice does a nice job of complimenting the instrument which isn’t utilized enough by the band.

A listener really can understand what I mean by this during the chorus of the track where the drums drop out and Yorke can be heard singing the chorus to the track alone with the piano.

The band cycles through ...

• a structure of verse and chorus twice before going into the bridge which I believe is the most recognizable section of the track.

Though the bridge is simple, like the rest of the song, Yorke’s vocal melody is brilliant to say the least and incredibly fitting to the track.

come to deem as iconic, at least in my opinion.

Yorke repeats the lyrics to this section several times before the song heads towards its close.

Though Karma Police is only about three and a half minutes long, it actually feels like a pretty heavy track which I’m certainly glad for.

OK Computer is definitely my favorite Radiohead album and Karma Police is one of the many gems on that record which is not to be missed.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528280330/k2311a096/9.6.11