Eminem - Superman (Song)  » Music  »
  • Another thing I should mention about this track is that it actually makes use of a guitar which is certainly not an instrument typically utilized by Eminem, but it ends up working quite nicely throughout this song in my opinion
  • Overall, I will admit that Superman took me a couple of listens to start to enjoy because I initially dismissed the song as a boring track, but it does a good job at offering a listener a glimpse into a sound that Eminem doesn’t typically have and is a solid track overall

• by grimmy101

Superman is a song by Eminem which appears on his album The Eminem Show. The track opens up with a recording of a conversation going back and forth between Eminem and a female which establishes the lyrical topic of the song and also sets of the general atmosphere of the track.

Throughout the first verse, Eminem sounds incredibly laidback, but after about the first half of the verse passes, a listener hears the sound typical to Eminem in that he

returns to a more cynical yet fluid delivery.

Another thing I should mention about this track is that it actually makes use of a guitar which is certainly not an instrument typically utilized by Eminem, but it ends up working quite nicely throughout this song in my opinion.

Another thing I should mention about this track is that it does go on for a pretty fair amount of time, nearly six minutes, and the track really just relies on going ...

• back and forth between a verse and chorus several times.

Though some listeners may find that this track is dragged out longer than what is necessary, I personally think that Eminem does a good job at holding a listener’s attention throughout the track, at least for myself anyway.

Though I do personally think the very ending of this track could be shortened and cut pretty significantly as it really does nothing to advance the song, everything else in the track sounds

as if it certainly does have a place in the songwriting and none of the verses feel as if they’re filler simply placed in the track to take up space.

Overall, I will admit that Superman took me a couple of listens to start to enjoy because I initially dismissed the song as a boring track, but it does a good job at offering a listener a glimpse into a sound that Eminem doesn’t typically have and is a solid track overall.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 146091528210230/k2311a096/9.6.11