Walgreen’s Wal-Dryl Maximum Strength Severe Allergy and Sinus Headache
  • I, unfortunately, have the pleasure of suffering from seasonal allergies
  • They contain 20 caplets but one dose is two caplets so I consider that 10 caplets but that's just how I feel

• by K. Brown

I, unfortunately, have the pleasure of suffering from seasonal allergies. I also, once in awhile, struggle with insomnia. I find that the Walgreen’s brand of Benadryl, which is called Wal-dryl, works to kill two birds with one stone. Funny enough, I find this store brand works better and faster than the actual name brand. Go figure! It just goes to show not all medications work for every person.

Wal-dryl can be found among the other allergy medicines at Walgreen’s. It cost $4.49 for 20 caplets. Since the pills are too large for me to swallow I have to crush them. They do have a bitter taste so I take them with juice. If I

only have water as a choice I swallow quickly and follow with something better tasting to get the bitterness out of my mouth. Thankfully, the bitterness from Wal-dryl isn’t one of those lingering bitter tastes. Those types can be ghastly, like from some antibiotics. Thankfully, Wal-dryl is not like that.

As for my allergies, this medication works for me all the time and it works fast. It has never failed me. As for the drowsy part, I actually see this as a benefit at night when I’m trying to sleep but it only works most of the time which is a little disappointing. Worse, if I’m forced to take the Wal-dryl in the middle ...

• of the day the drowsiness is a pain but I don’t mind paying that price for relief from the allergies. I realize there are other “daytime” choices for allergies but I don’t feel they work as well.

I take the one for severe allergies and sinus headache. It’s not hard to find. It’s in a blue and white box and the caplets are blue. They contain 20 caplets but one dose is two caplets so I consider that 10 caplets but that’s just how I feel. I wish there were options for more caplets. For example, a box containing 40 caplets or even 60 caplets would nice. Ten doses tends to go fast with me.

The caplets are very easy to crush. My pill crusher is very worn and still I have no problems crushing these pills. Aside from the drowsiness, I have no side effects whatsoever. Some allergy medications can give you a feeling of being dried out. I don’t get that from Wal-dryl. My seasonal allergies are pretty severe. They can make me cancel all plans for the day and force me to my bed. As soon as I detect I have a runny nose or my eyes start itching a little too much, I quickly take these allergy pills and literally have relief within just a few minutes. Like I said, it works very fast; in under 10 minutes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 266091528120230/k2311a096/9.6.11