The Original Moroccan Oil on www.beautycollection.com  » Cosmetics  »
  • The regular sized bottle is only 3.4 fl oz and I paid $41 for my bottle
  • I think it's fairly common knowledge that after the third ingredient, everything else is pretty much a sprinkling of this and a sprinkling of that

• by K. Brown

Moroccan oil appears to be the latest craze. It has been called exotic among other things. Really, it seems anything from overseas is regarded as exotic. One word you always see in a description of Moroccan oil is penetrating. This is very true. Not only is it penetrating but it does it very fast. Literally within seconds it is absorbed. This is a perfect oil for anyone that does not like the greasy feel.

I have used this oil in my hair and I really like it. It softens my hair very well. In fact, it stays soft for up to three days. I might reapply some on the second day but I really don’t need it. Before finding this oil, I had been an avid coconut oil user as this oil also absorbs but not

quite like the Moroccan oil. The Moroccan oil absorbs quicker and leaves absolutely no residue while the coconut oil can. It depends a little on how much you use. If you tend to be heavy handed like I am, a dime size of the oil is really all you need. I always think what is a dime size going to do but in this case anymore than that truly is too much. The smell isn’t too bad. Some people don’t care for it. I personally have no problems with the smell. It does not bother me in the least.

On the other hand, what does bother me is the price. This moroccan oil is extremely expensive and grossly overpriced. The regular sized bottle is only 3.4 fl oz and I paid $41 for my bottle. However,

• it gets worse. What is worse is that this outrageously priced bottle is nothing more than a bunch of fillers. There are ingredients like Dimethicone and other “cones” which really only add the gloss and shine to the hair. While that’s fine, I want something that’s actually going to benefit and nourish my hair.

Moroccan oil is really Argan oil. It comes from a tree in Morocco. The idea came from a man in the region who wanted to make a product for natives with dry hair and skin. You’ll hear that Moroccan oil is made with Argan oil. Aside from the fact that they are the exact same thing, here’s the kicker. That $32 bottle of oil only contains a small portion of the Argan oil, the only ingredient you really need. The

rest is a bunch of fillers that your hair does not need anyway. What’s worse is that Argan oil, the only thing really benefiting the hair is the sixth product on the ingredient list.

I think it’s fairly common knowledge that after the third ingredient, everything else is pretty much a sprinkling of this and a sprinkling of that. If you’re looking for Argan Oil with the same benefits as the overpriced Moroccan oil, I would do a search for cosmetic, raw Argan oil. Yes, it is very expensive but it is all-natural and you’re getting the real deal. It seems moroccan oil is just an expensive product all around and you’d be hard pressed to find one that’s easy on the wallet. However, I don’t mind paying a little extra for something that’s worth it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 316091528110230/k2311a096/9.6.11