Death Cab For Cutie - Death Of An Interior Designer (Song)
  • Also, Death Cab took an interesting approach during the second cycle of the song in that they change up the verse completely which is a very welcome change for me because I always hear bands just looping around their verses so that they have an identical melody, but now and then a change is definitely nice
  • Though I’m not a huge fan of Death Cab For Cutie, I do find myself enjoying some of the tracks and this song is certainly one of them as the band is able to maintain a very melodic mood without sounding boring
  • Unfortunately, it seems that many bands need to sound very quiet and distant in order to maintain a sense of melody, but thankfully Death Cab falls out of that generalization on this track, particularly as the track progresses on
  • In my opinion, as the length goes on, the song only improves so I would certainly say at least listen to this track the whole way through and you should end up a satisfied listener with a very calming first half and a more upfront second

• by grimmy101

Death Of An Interior Designer is a song by Death Cab For Cutie which appears on their record Transatlanticism. The song opens up with an odd drum rhythm before a calming guitar pattern comes in over the top and a subtle bass rhythm can also be heard in the mix.

The vocals come in quickly and, as always, further reinforces this very calm and melodic mood.

Though I’m personally finding the drum rhythm to be a bit out of place at this

moment, I’m hoping it’ll tie the song together in some way that I can’t tell yet.

I should mention that as the track goes on, the drums seem to fade into the mix naturally and what stood out as being pretty odd at the start of this track soon sinks in with the rest of the instrumentation and vocals as aiding the song as a whole.

Also, Death Cab took an interesting approach during the second cycle of the song in that ...

• they change up the verse completely which is a very welcome change for me because I always hear bands just looping around their verses so that they have an identical melody, but now and then a change is definitely nice.

Though I’m not a huge fan of Death Cab For Cutie, I do find myself enjoying some of the tracks and this song is certainly one of them as the band is able to maintain a very melodic mood without sounding boring.

Unfortunately,

it seems that many bands need to sound very quiet and distant in order to maintain a sense of melody, but thankfully Death Cab falls out of that generalization on this track, particularly as the track progresses on.

In my opinion, as the length goes on, the song only improves so I would certainly say at least listen to this track the whole way through and you should end up a satisfied listener with a very calming first half and a more upfront second.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145091528040230/k2311a095/9.5.11