The Doors - You’re Lost Little Girl (Song)  » Music  »
  • The Doors do shift the mood to a slightly more upbeat sound after Morrison sings the first few lines of vocals which I suppose was the best move
  • Overall, You’re Lost Little Girl isn’t one of my favorite Doors tracks but I would not consider it weak at all and would certainly recommend at least looking into it

• by grimmy101

You’re Lost Little Girl is a song by The Doors which appears on their album Strange Days. The song opens up with an eerie bass rhythm before a guitar pattern along with a drum rhythm also come in.

Jim Morrison comes in with the vocals pretty quickly and sings with a deep tone that further reinforces the dark mood that is created by all of the instrumentation.

The Doors do shift the mood to a slightly more upbeat

sound after Morrison sings the first few lines of vocals which I suppose was the best move.

As I tried to imagine what the song would sound like if the band had stuck with this one somber tone throughout, I feel the song would’ve ran dry.

One complaint I do have, which is a very rare complaint I have against the Doors, is that Morrison actually sounds pretty restrained while he’s singing throughout this section.

My impression is that ...

• it seems like he’s trying to maintain the darker tone that the band established throughout the start, but sacrifices some vocal freedom to try and do this.

Nevertheless, the sound is still pretty good and this isn’t a major flaw to the song.

Krieger comes in with a guitar solo about halfway through the track which doesn’t blow me away, but it is a nice addition to the song as a whole I suppose.

As Morrison comes back in, I’m

either starting to adjust to his vocal delivery on the track more or it’s just starting to sound more natural rather than so restrained at least which is certainly a good thing.

The track continues on with Morrison singing a bit more and then the song coming to a close.

Overall, You’re Lost Little Girl isn’t one of my favorite Doors tracks but I would not consider it weak at all and would certainly recommend at least looking into it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145091528010230/k2311a095/9.5.11