Andrew Jackson Jihad - Evil (Song)  » Music  »
  • In the background of this track appears to be a brass section which is interesting because I typically associate Andrew Jackson Jihad with the very quick and galloping-like strumming pattern that they opened up this track with
  • Nevertheless, I must say that I enjoy the outside instrumentation and it does something to set this track apart from other songs by the band
  • Overall, although Evil is not one of my favorite tracks by the band, I still enjoy listening to it now and then and would still recommend it

• by grimmy101

Evil is a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad which appears on their album Can’t Maintain. The track opens up with a galloping-like guitar strumming pattern before the vocals pretty much immediately join in with a simple melody and a characteristic delivery.

In the background of this track appears to be a brass section which is interesting because I typically associate Andrew Jackson Jihad with the very quick and galloping-like strumming pattern that they opened up this track with.

Nevertheless,

I must say that I enjoy the outside instrumentation and it does something to set this track apart from other songs by the band.

Another thing I should add about this track is that it seems to be lacking with the same energy and intensity that Andrew Jackson Jihad has on a lot of their tracks.

For this reason, if you’re a listener whose just trying to get into this band, Evil could potentially offer a fairly accessible song ...

• with a fair representation of the band’s sound, but you should take note that they typically have a lot more energy than on this track.

Despite this, I still enjoy Evil as a song overall and as I said before, the outside instrumentation does something to certainly make the track seem a bit more unique.

Though the vocal performance does not have that characteristic tone as if the singer is about to run out of breath and is constantly trying

to catch up to the music (Due to how fast the band is playing), I suppose this track grants a listener another glimpse into the sound that Andrew Jackson Jihad can produce with a bit more of a laidback track that still manages to be filled with some interesting part and good lyrics as well.

Overall, although Evil is not one of my favorite tracks by the band, I still enjoy listening to it now and then and would still recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145091527990230/k2311a095/9.5.11