Death Cab For Cutie - Soul Meets Body (Song)
  • One thing thus far I love about the track is that the flow of this song is just about perfect, the transitions in between various vocal sections is fluid to say the very least and the vocal performance remains melodic throughout
  • In my opinion, some of the best songs are those that get progressively better as the duration of the track goes on and thankfully this is one of those songs that seem to fit into that category in my opinion
  • Overall, Soul Meets Body is a wonderful song in my opinion and if you wanted a track that could showcase the various tones Death Cab For Cutie plays in, I think that Soul Meets Body would be a top contender for a pick

• by grimmy101

Soul Meets Body is a song by Death Cab For Cutie which appears on their record Plans. The track opens up with a mid-paced tempo before a definitive rhythm is established primarily by the drums and the vocals come in with a gentle delivery characteristic of Death Cab For Cutie.

is fluid to say the very least and the vocal performance remains melodic throughout.

As I’m sure many readers may already be aware of, this is one of the more well-known songs by Death Cab For Cutie, and I must admit that there is good reason for this.

I should also mention that despite the simplicity of the drum rhythm, it does an excellent job of holding the track together in the absence of a prominent guitar ...

• or bass part.

Another very positive aspect to this track is that since the tones are constantly shifting in terms of vocal delivery, it certainly holds my interest in the song.

Although the track is only about three and a half minutes, I would still rather have the track going through different moods rather than simply moving along with a very traditional structure of verse, chorus, verse, chorus, and so on.

In my opinion, some of the

best songs are those that get progressively better as the duration of the track goes on and thankfully this is one of those songs that seem to fit into that category in my opinion.

Overall, Soul Meets Body is a wonderful song in my opinion and if you wanted a track that could showcase the various tones Death Cab For Cutie plays in, I think that Soul Meets Body would be a top contender for a pick.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 145091527910230/k2311a095/9.5.11