Hanging Rock State Park  » Travel  »
1790 Hanging Rock Park Road, Danbury, NC 27016-7417
  • Its a gorgeous wood building with amazing glass windows that over look the mountains
  • My children enjoyed the park very much and never once did I hear them complain about the steepness of the trails or the time it took to walk them
  • I hope your experience at Hanging Rock State Park is as memorable as mine was
  • I highly recommend this place for those of all ages

• by HeavenStone

Last year I visited Hanging Rock State Park in Danbury North Carolina with my fiance and my two children. I am an avid nature lover and after hearing that the park is home to some of the most beautiful waterfalls in NC, I was very excited to take my family there. Let me start off by saying that the drive there was almost as enjoyable as the park itself.

The scenery is breath taking and fills you with a sense of calm and wonder. The houses range from quaint little cottages nestled in the sides of mountains to huge and luxurious houses on beautifully landscaped acres of property.

/> Once you arrive at the park, they have more than enough space for your car, truck, camper or whatever your preferred mode of travel. The first thing you’ll see when you park is the visitor’s center.

Its a gorgeous wood building with amazing glass windows that over look the mountains. At the visitor’s center, you can pick up a brochure that lists all the activities the park has to offer, including but not limited to: boating and fishing, camping, swimming, hiking and climbing.

They also have extensive maps of all the trails if you’re just interested in taking a stroll through the forest to ...

• check out the waterfalls and scenic views. As soon as you step onto the trails, you’ll notice that cleanliness is of extreme importance to the staff running the place.

You won’t find the trails to be littered with anything but acorns and pretty pieces of rock from the mountains. The maps give you detailed directions to find the waterfalls hidden in clever little spots in the trails.

They strongly advice against climbing them however, as it is very dangerous and people die every year falling from the edges of slippery waterfalls. Please use extreme caution when exploring the falls.

Although we did not stay

in the cabins, I did get a chance to see them and they looked like a wonderful place to stay the night. My children enjoyed the park very much and never once did I hear them complain about the steepness of the trails or the time it took to walk them.

They were never bored and by the time we got back home, they were out like a light dreaming peacefully of the days events. I hope your experience at Hanging Rock State Park is as memorable as mine was.

I highly recommend this place for those of all ages.

Hanging Rock State Park

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 385091527640130/k2311a095/9.5.11