Eminem - Old Time’s Sake (Song)  » Music  »
  • Though I’m not a huge fan of Dr. Dre on Eminem’s songs, I do enjoy him now and then and his first verse on this track isn’t too bad, though once Eminem comes in the track he just blows him away in my opinion
  • I should also mention right now that I wasn’t a huge fan of Relapse as I thought it was quite a large departure from Eminem’s earlier work

• by grimmy101

Old Time’s Sake is a song by Eminem which appears on his record Relapse. I should also mention that this song features Dr. Dre in various parts of the track.

The song opens up with a brief intro with Eminem before Dr. Dre goes into the first verse.

first verse on this track isn’t too bad, though once Eminem comes in the track he just blows him away in my opinion.

I should also mention right now that I wasn’t a huge fan of Relapse as I thought it was quite a large departure from Eminem’s earlier work. At the same time, one could see this coming if they just tracked his progression of albums up to this point so it’s nothing overly surprising.

Back on the topic at hand, despite my opinion of Relapse as a whole, I always found this one of the easier tracks to get into and enjoy, at least for myself personally.

Each of Eminem’s verses on this track strike me as pretty solid as well as the rhythm which supports the song throughout.

Also, I personally find the chorus to this ...

• Eminem - Old Time's Sake (Song)
      track pretty catchy which is another positive aspect. Back to Dr.

Dre, after Eminem sings about two verses and choruses they go back to a brief section to Dr. Dre.

As I’m considering this, I actually think that his appearance on this track was pretty beneficial. My rationale behind this is that none of his vocal parts on this track are too long, but they’re long enough to certainly

have an influence on the track and keep the track from getting too repetitive with Eminem just going back and forth by himself.

I’d say that if you’re a listener who hasn’t heard Relapse, Old Time’s Sake may be a good choice to act as a jumping off point to this record, though I should mention that not all the tracks on this album are nearly quite as good as this song.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 144091527380230/k2311a094/9.4.11