Equate Cotton Swabs  » Health  »
  • Equate Cotton Swabs Walmart $1.99 When I needed some new cotton swabs one day I found that the name brand cotton swabs were a little too pricy for the budget I was working with that day
  • I am always cautious about trying the store brand of cotton swabs but I decided I would save a few pennies and try the store brand this time
  • The cotton remaining in my ear might creep down into my ear drum and this could cause a major problem with my hearing
  • When I think about those few pennies I do not think it is too much of a savings up front but when I think about over the years and how many packages of cotton swabs I will need I think about how much those few pennies will add up to

• by 123sg

Equate Cotton Swabs Walmart $1.99 When I needed some new cotton swabs one day I found that the name brand cotton swabs were a little too pricy for the budget I was working with that day. I had no coupons with me for the national brand of cotton swabs and decided at whim to try the store brand cotton swabs. Equate is the name of the Walmart store brand. I am always cautious about trying the store brand of cotton swabs but I decided I would save a few pennies and try the store brand this time.

When I got the package of Equate cotton swabs home my first impression was that these swabs looked much like the name brand swabs. When I took one

out of the package and tried it out I found them to be quite comparable to the national brand. The national brand has that tuff cardboard holding the two ends of cotton together. The Equate cotton swabs also have a tuff cardboard between the two ends of cotton. Many store brand cotton swabs will bend, or even break once you put them in your ear. The Equate cotton swabs held up in my ear just the way the national brand cotton swab holds up.

The one thing I did not like about the Equate cotton swabs over the national brand cotton swabs is that the Equate cotton swabs fall apart at the ends. I found that the cotton began to unravel in my ear.

• When this happens I begin to wonder is there cotton remaining in my ear, or did it stay on the swab. If there is cotton that is going to linger in my ear this could not be good. The cotton remaining in my ear might creep down into my ear drum and this could cause a major problem with my hearing.

As far as the other things I use cotton swabs for the Equate cotton swabs held up just as well as the national brand cotton swabs. When I wanted to clean between the keys on my keyboard there was no cotton left between the keys of the keyboard. Between my keys was cleaned with ease and the softness of the Equate cotton swabs was

gentle on the keys. Having gentle cotton swabs is important to me not just when cleaning my keyboard but when cleaning my ears as well.

My overall satisfaction with the Equate cotton swabs was that they are very comparable with the national brand. I found there was not a significant enough difference between the Equate cotton swabs and the national brand cotton swabs that I will continue to save a few pennies and purchase the Equate cotton swabs in the future. When I think about those few pennies I do not think it is too much of a savings up front but when I think about over the years and how many packages of cotton swabs I will need I think about how much those few pennies will add up to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342091527130330/k2311a092/9.2.11