Blackberry Torch 9850 mobile phone  » Phones  »
  • The first thing that I noticed was the display
  • I think it is the largest display that I ever saw on a Blackberry and trust I had nearly every Blackberry model that is out there
  • First of all I have to say that I am not impressed but neither unsatisfied, the Torch is a pretty decent replacement for the Storm, but there is lots of room for improvement
  • In conclusion I have to say that I like the Blackberry Torch 9850 but I also feel that it is missing something, and I really don't know what

• by miki35

Just got the Blackberry Torch 9850 from Sprint at the price of $149. The first thing that I noticed was the display. I think it is the largest display that I ever saw on a Blackberry and trust I had nearly every Blackberry model that is out there. The specs are the usual for this price range on a Blackberry.

The usual 1.2 GHz CPU, a 5 megapixel camera and a pretty large battery.

but there is lots of room for improvement.

In the box you will find the usual that come with a Blackberry, nothing special.

The start-up time is more than decent, can’t complain about that. Maybe you are wondering why did I mentioned the start-up time because after all we are talking about a mobile phone not a notebook. Well I think that if we consider that these new mid class devices come with more and more software features, they also need to be fast, I mean what is more annoying than to have a heavily equipped device but when you need to used it you have to wait and wait till it makes you angry.

The design is pretty cool and nice and for that money I really can’t ask for more. The build quality is of course very good, no weird noises from the case or stuff like that, it feels solid in your hand but without being heavy, therefore I think that Blackberry made the perfect compromise.

Getting to the software I have to say that the browser is perfect as always on a Blackberry. Even though lately I realy gave up on using social media,

• Blackberry Torch 9850 mobile phone
      I wasn’t a very big fan of it before, I have to say that the Blackberry comes prepared for the avid users so if you admit that you are an addict of social media then Blackberry is not the phone for you because it will make your addiction worse and worse.

The phone’s speed is good, no lagging time and stuff like that.

The virtual keyboard of the Torch 9850 could have been way better. Don’t even try to compare it with an Android one or an iOS one because the situation will get very messy for the Torch

9850. But don’t be afraid, test it before you buy it, and see if you like it.

The camera is decent, nothing special it does the usual for this price.

In conclusion I have to say that I like the Blackberry Torch 9850 but I also feel that it is missing something, and I really don’t know what. If you are like me and you get excited when you get and try for the first time a gadget you know that feeling, well the Blackberry Torch 9850 didn’t make me feel like that at all, maybe it is a matter of tastes.

Niaz Ahmad says :

re : In conclusion I have to say that I like the Blackberry Torch 9850 but I also feel that it is missing something, and I really don’t know what
Display is much better. But it also had a bit more features. Like flashlight.

Niaz Ahmad says :

It would be much better if it would only have a flashlight application

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 372091527080230/k2311a092/9.2.11