Harvey Fresh UHT Long Life Orange Juice
  • It can be quite sour for my taste but I think I may have gotten used to it now
  • I do recommend this though as an alternative because of its no preservatives claim that it says on the box

• by asg

I love drinking Orange Juice. I have been a fan of the S&R Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice in a bottle but it can be quite expensive. S&R is also far from my home so when I need fresh orange juice I usually would just go to the nearest local supermarket and get a different brand of Orange Juice.

I tried Harvey Fresh UHT Long Life Orange Juice. A liter costs Php70+ which is not bad. It just has the same price with the milk I usually buy for

my breakfast cereals. Harvey Fresh is made in Australia and does not contain preservatives. It comes in a 1 liter box of juice, just like a liter box of milk. I chose this among the others because I have tried Harvey Fresh Milk too and it was a good product. I feel that I needed something healthy and if I couldn’t get my hands on freshly squeezed juice I turn to this instead.

It comes in a twist cap and easy to open. Once opened though this ...

• has to be consumed in a 7 days. I drink this with ice and when I skip coffee in the morning I take this instead. What I don’t like about it is the taste. It can be quite sour for my taste but I think I may have gotten used to it now. It tastes a little sour and salty too. It does contain some sodium according to the packaging. Compared to the freshly squeezed juice, the latter really has the sweet orange taste that I am
        quite accustomed to.

This is a good product, the taste can be acquired (my husband doesn’t like it though) and since it claims to not have preservatives, this is a good alternative to freshly squeezed juices. However, given the change, I would really choose the freshly squeezed orange juice compared to this. The taste is not outstanding, but maybe that is how it should taste? I am not really sure. I do recommend this though as an alternative because of its no preservatives claim that it says on the box.

Robert Young says :

Is Harvey Juice for concentrate?

asg replies :

No it is not a concentrate.

kelly kc says :

Why would any one wants juice whose nutrients are killed by ultra-high heat processing?

John says :

Ultra-high heat processing has it’s advantages. It’s leads to essentially a better quality when compared to other forms of pasteurization. It pasteurizes orange juice without eliminating a lot of it’s essential ingredients and flavor . It also only reduces the amount of vitamin C by 15 percent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271091527010330/k2311a091/9.1.11