Diesel Loverdose EDP for women (fragrance)
  • I like the fact that I can try new perfumes a good few times to fully make my mind up before committing to buy
  • The bottle is made of a solid looking glass that is a lilac/ purple in colour and though sounds pleasant it has a slight look of cheapness about it unfortunately
  • The first thing I noticed when I applied a few small droplets of this was the rather obvious star anise
  • Once the dry down was complete I found the vanilla perfectly rounded this off and the overall effect was a really wonderful aroma
  • I have heard some people say that they think this is far too sweet but I have to disagree

• by Ticktock

Working in a perfume store gives me the perfect opportunity to test out fragrances on a daily basis that I wouldn’t necessarily get to come in contact with. I like the fact that I can try new perfumes a good few times to fully make my mind up before committing to buy.

One such fragrance I liked the sound of but wasn’t sure about ‘blind buying’ was this latest offering from Diesel for women imaginatively entitled Loverdose. Having been given a small tester bottle for personal use very kindly by my boss

here are my thoughts on it..

Loverdose is the brand new fragrance for women by Diesel and promises to “..ignite passions like never before..”

It is presented to us in the form of a heart shaped flacon with an arrow piercing the centre. The ‘arrow’ is part of the stopper style lid and is a clever design as it’s practical as well as aesthetically pleasing.

The bottle is made of a solid looking glass that is a lilac/ purple in colour and though sounds pleasant it has a slight look of cheapness about it unfortunately.

The heart shape has several parts to it giving the overall look of a diamond but this does little to save the slightly tacky appearance.

The actual fragrance itself is made up of:

Top Notes*~*

Star Anise Mandarin

Heart Notes*~*

Gardenia Jasmine Licorice

Base Notes*~*

Vanilla Amber Woody notes

So what did I actually think of this fragrance then? Well actually despite it’s ‘cheap’ looking packaging the EDP itself is actually very classy. Because this is an Eau De Parfum it is of a more concentrated manner than an EDT so only a small amount f this is needed ...

• Diesel Loverdose EDP for women (fragrance)
      each time as it does come across initially as being very overpowering.

The first thing I noticed when I applied a few small droplets of this was the rather obvious star anise. I like this scent though have to admit it is not something I am used to in a perfume.

This complemented the licorice in the heart notes perfectly as they are both of a similar smell so as one faded the other carried through and lingered.

effect was a really wonderful aroma.

I have heard some people say that they think this is far too sweet but I have to disagree. I find that though this may seem overpowering at first it does soon settle to a comfortable degree and within around twenty minutes it is at the perfect degree. This lingers on my skin for up to 6 hours after applying and although I have worn this at different times of the day I find that it is best suited for evening wear on me personally.

A very pretty and unusual perfume..just a shame about the bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5631081526841031/k2311a0831/8.31.11