Cupcake Bites
2.5
  • And even after a few more cupcake bites I still couldn’t really find a good flavor in these bites that I enjoyed

• by Susanna Frank

I have always loved cookie dough bites, the tiny round chocolate covered cookie dough bites that are sold at movie theaters and stores like Wal-Mart. When I came across a box of cupcake bites at a Dollar General in town for only a dollar, I knew that I really had to try them.

These cupcake bites come in a box just like the cookie dough bites. But unlike the cookie dough bites these bites are coated in a sprinkled covered frosting

just like we would find on a normal cupcake. The inside is filled with a mock cupcake dough. The texture of these bites are soft and pretty much melted in my mouth as soon as I placed one on my tongue. The frosting coating on the outside of these bites make them much sweeter however then the cookie dough bites. And the inside of them has no real taste at all. I had thought that the cupcake inside would taste ...

• a little more like cake batter, but I was wrong. And even after a few more cupcake bites I still couldn’t really find a good flavor in these bites that I enjoyed. In fact the cupcake bites began to taste a little chalky and bland.

I really wanted to like these bites, and maybe if I wasn’t a big fan of the cookie dough bites already I might like these bites better. But honestly they can’t really compare to the cookie

dough bites, not by a long shot. That’s not to say that they were bad, they were different and a very creative new way to enjoy a form of dough bite. They just weren’t as good as the cookie dough bites.

These bites can be found at stores such as Wal-Mart and the dollar general or grocery stores. However, I have found that the Dollar General stores sell them for only one dollar and other stores sell them for slightly more.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2731081526761031/k2311a0831/8.31.11