Shark Navigator (Purple) Hard Surface and Carpet Vacuum
  • I found that its weight is comparable to other vacuum cleaners
  • All in all, it's a fantastic little vacuum and the cost is very reasonable

• by Setufe

I was in much-need of a vacuum. A guy came by the house to show my a Kirby. It truly is powerful, but for the price? Yikes! I read a ton of reviews before buying the Shark Navigator. Word to the wise– The different model numbers are merely different colors of the vacuum.

The vacuum claims: “Never loses suction.” I have had this vacuum for about 3 months now which is quite a short duration but let me say that it picks up everything. I seriously will not buy a Kirby now.

This vacuum is bag-less. Upon my first use of the vacuum, I emptied the collection bin time and time again. My bedroom’s square foot area

is roughly 144 feet. I emptied the canister 3 times. Can you imagine what we were walking on and breathing?

A few reviews that I read complained about the heaviness; that it was not the light-weight compared with other vacuums. I found that its weight is comparable to other vacuum cleaners. I have a two-story house; carpet on the upper floor and hardwood on the lower floor. This vacuum works on both excellently. It’s weight is not a deterrent in carrying it up and downstairs, which I do either every day or every other day.

Some complain that it blows around the dust on the hardwood floors. I have not found this to be. It picks up ...

• crumbs, hair, and dust very efficiently. I am picky about clean floors. I cannot stand to step on crumbs or anything else. A key feature is the on/off switch actually offers a third option for hard surfaces– it offers suction without the brush rotating so that nothing spits out the back (I was curious so I tried).

This vacuum picks up everything. It features a rotating brush which picks up the fibers of the carpet as it pulls up all dust, hair, and lint.

Its maneuverability is excellent. It pivots and turns in any direction easily. Its suction is really great. Something I learned from the Kirby man: most vacuums suction opening is very small; so to

efficiently vacuum, you have to go over the same area of carpet several times. Not so with the Shark Navigator. The suction area of this vacuum is as wide as the vacuum itself (literally cutting your vacuuming time by a third if not more). Another valuable feature is that it’s narrower and slimmer than other vacuums lending to easier vacuuming under chairs, tables, etc. and it makes for easier storage.

It features three attachments which you hook up to its hose: 1) a wide (approximately 7 inches by 2 inches), bristled attachment; 2)a smaller (2.5 inches by 2.5 inches); and a crevice tool.

All in all, it’s a fantastic little vacuum and the cost is very reasonable.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5330081526400431/k2311a0830/8.30.11