Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion
1.5
  • The scent is no problem, I quite enjoy it, but it was the first product of theirs that I did not care for the lotion itself
  • I think it is a discontinued one, though you can still find it online, and it may be because it was different, in my opinion, than the other lotions
  • I found it to go on greasy and it didn't seem to go away
  • I like to think that it is because of the ingredients, such as Shea butter, which can sometimes have a slick feeling
  • It cost $10 a bottle for 8 ounces, so it took us a while, but we used it all up

• by WendyBird

There are very few Bath & Body Works products that I do not like. But, the ones I do not like, it seemed all of them were because I did not care so much for the scent. And then there is Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion. The scent is no problem, I quite enjoy it, but it was the first product of theirs that I did not care for the lotion itself. I think it is a discontinued one, though you can still find it online, and it may be because it was different, in

my opinion, than the other lotions.

I found it to go on greasy and it didn’t seem to go away. I like to think that it is because of the ingredients, such as Shea butter, which can sometimes have a slick feeling. But, normally Shea butter products eventually absorb into my skin, making it silky smooth. This lotion just sort of sat on there, even though I used a small amount, and didn’t want to absorb. It wasn’t only me, because what I did with this, since I did not want to waste it, is use it as a massage ...

• oil on the other half, rubbing down his back and etc., because it was pretty suited for that. He liked it, but we both agreed that as a lotion, it shouldn’t act like an oil. Especially since it is claimed to be “non-greasy”.

The scent wasn’t entirely like the body splash either, which smells like vanilla cookies. this one smelled like vanilla cookie batter, butter and all. It wasn’t a terrible scent, mind, but it wasn’t as warm and delicious smelling as the body splash is. I figure I just got a dud, a fluke bottle, because I’ve never

experienced anything like that with any other Bath & Boy Works lotion. It cost $10 a bottle for 8 ounces, so it took us a while, but we used it all up.

It didn’t really do much for my skin, as far as moisturizing it, despite having the Shea butter. I wasn’t ashy or anything while using it, but it made me feel suffocated, and I always ended up in the shower scrubbing it off. It was probably a fluke, but I haven’t bought any since. So, I wouldn’t recommend this one. (Get the body mist instead, it smells good)

Debra Robertson says :

re : The scent is no problem, I quite enjoy it, but it was the first product of theirs that I did not care for the lotion itself
    Isn’t it funny how differently people’s sensory works? I’m just the opposite of you - don’t really care for the scent but love the way the lotion feels

Darling Violetta says :

Is the scent long lasting and how long exactly did it seem to last for you?

Joanna says :

Hi Darling Violetta,

I have used this product before and the scent is light and lasted me about 5 hours before I noticed the smell was diminished.

On days that I don’t want to wear perfume and have errands to run, I just dab a little of the lotion behind my ears and on my jaw line. It lasts for awhile, is light, and is inexpensive.

If you haven’t tried it, I would recommend it.

Joanna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129081526281131/k2311a0829/8.29.11