Gerber Epic Sheath Knife  » Other  »
  • The answer, in my opinion, would be YES, by a long shot
  • First of all, the value is pretty unbeatable, considering it only cost around 25 dollars on Amazon
  • Although it isn't a very thick knife, since most of the thickness comes from the steel of the blade (one piece all the way through), it doesn't hurt your hands at all when applying pressure, which can be a problem with some of my other knives
  • I don't see any sign of dulling, and I think it'll hold it's edge very well over time
  • You definitely get your money's worth, and you can count on it lasting a long time and working for you when you need it to

• by Keanu

For my birthday this year, my dad ordered me a sheath knife from Amazon. com. It was by Gerber, a pretty well known knife brand, and this one is called the Epic knife.

A pretty confident name. The question is, does it live up to the name? The answer, in my opinion, would be YES, by a long shot.

This knife is pretty heavy duty, and exceeded my expectations. First of all, the value is pretty unbeatable, considering it only cost around 25 dollars on Amazon.

com. Some knives cost upwards of 50 dollars or more and you

still won’t get this kind of build quality.

I love the way it feels in my hand. It is shaped with a strong curve below the blade for your index finger, along with a couple more small notches under it.

Although it isn’t a very thick knife, since most of the thickness comes from the steel of the blade (one piece all the way through), it doesn’t hurt your hands at all when applying pressure, which can be a problem with some of my other knives. The steel it is made out of is about ...

• an eighth of an inch in width, and rounded on the corners up until the blade, of course.

This is a good design, because I feel like this is where the knife gets a lot of its strength from. I have read people saying that you can actually use this knife to pry, which is not usually something you want to do with a knife.

The blade itself actually came extremely sharp, and has stayed that way ever since (I’ve had it around two months now). I don’t see any sign of dulling, and I think

it’ll hold it’s edge very well over time.

The plastic thumb-release sheath took me a few minutes to figure out at first, but it works alright at this point. Sometimes, it gets stuck where it won’t slide on all the way and lock into place, so you have to move it around a bit to get it to lock.

Other than that, this is a really solid built knife. You definitely get your money’s worth, and you can count on it lasting a long time and working for you when you need it to.

I would HIGHLY recommend it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1229081525941031/k2311a0829/8.29.11