Limitless (2011) Movie  » Movies  »
  • Eddie Morra, played by Bradley Cooper (The Hangover II),is a struggling writer trying to fulfill a writing contract but the problem is that he is having a really bad case of writers block and can't get anything written
  • That is all of the plot I am going to give away, I love this movie enough to not spoil it for anyone
  • From this point on the movie gets very interesting and you won't be able to shut your eyes
  • I was very impressed by Bradley Coopers acting

• by SweetG

If I had to describe limitless in one word, I would describe it as intelligent. Normally when we get a movie that isn’t either a comedy or a horror movie, nine times out of ten, I’m not that into it.

Limitless is an awesome Sci-Fi thriller about a writer who is introduced to a drug that allows you to use all of your brain. If you didn’t already know, humans only tap into 10% of their brains. So imagine some of the very smart people we have these days and then imagine them if they were able to use ALL of their brain!

Eddie Morra, played by Bradley Cooper (The Hangover II),is a struggling writer trying to fulfill a writing contract but the problem is that he is having a really bad case of writers block and can’t get anything written. Previously married, he

is in a new relationship which quickly ends in the beginning of the movie because his career is struggling and his girlfriend Lindy, played by Abby Cornish (SuckerPunch), just can’t live with it anymore.

So here is Eddie, just lost his girlfriend because of his bad case of writers block, being hassled by his landlords for the rent and pressure to turn something in to his publisher. In his moment of despair he runs into his ex wifes brother Vernon and he introduces him to a new drug called NZT. It is said to help you use more of your brain and provides the user of the drug with a rush of brilliance. The movie made it look like the effects only lasted for 24 hours. Vernon ensures Eddie that the drug is safe and is FDA approved, but come to find out that ...

• is the farthest thing from the truth.

That is all of the plot I am going to give away, I love this movie enough to not spoil it for anyone. From this point on the movie gets very interesting and you won’t be able to shut your eyes. I loved the production values of the movie. The opening credits of the movie are awesome unto their-self, the feel of the credits, how they roll in, really sets the stage for the movie.

I love how NZT was introduced as this really awesome drug that made people super smart and then by the end of the movie you find out what else NZT really does to people, to find out what that is, you just have to watch the movie.

I’m sure this could have been done if they wanted to make the movie 3 hours long,

but I would have loved if they would have gone into more detail/back information about Eddied wife, maybe even created a few flashback scenes to marriage. I will not explain why as that may spoil things for you.

I was very impressed by Bradley Coopers acting. The only movie I have seen him in is the Hangover the acting in that was mediocre at the least. So to see him play such a role was awesome and he did a really great job. As always it was nice to see Robert De Niro on the screen.

This may be a movie for acquired tastes, but 99 percent of people I’ve talked to about the film have said it was really good. There is some suggestive dialogue, a little bit of sexual content, but barely.. so it is safe for most audiences. I’d give it 9 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1126081525570331/k2311a0826/8.26.11