8-20-11 Carnival of Madness Tour (Theory of a Deadman, Alterbridge)  » Entertainment  »
Missouri State Fair, Sedalia, MO
  • I think the price of the tickets for this tour is amazing
  • I was very disappointed that they didn't perform their debut single, Open Your Eyes

• by RamonaM

I went to see the Carnival of Madness Tour at the Missouri State Fair in Sedalia, Missouri. It was a very good show! I had 4th row seats, off to the right side, however. Not a full view of the stage, but not bad either. I had only paid $35 for the ticket, which was considered full price. I think the price of the tickets for this tour is amazing! Much more reasonable than most acts these days and you got 4 bands with this show!

Emphatic and Adelitas Way opened, but I didn’t sit through them. I didn’t know any of their music. I

did hear one of Adelitas Way’s songs while I was walking around the fairgrounds that I recognized, but I still don’t know the name of it. From what I heard they were pretty good.

I got to my seats before Alter Bridge came on stage. They had some fun music playing to get the crowd in the mood to rock. Alter Bridge came out and sang MOST of their hits. I was very disappointed that they didn’t perform their debut single, “Open Your Eyes.” That is still my favorite song of theirs. They did do their other radio hits. Most of the crowd seemed to enjoy ...

• the show. Except for the girl who was sitting in 3rd row in front of me doing Soduko puzzles on her cell phone! Seriously? And a few other Not-so-diehard fans. There weren’t very many people in attendance, however. I think that Alter Bridge may have condensed their show because of the small audience.

Theory of a Deadman came on stage with “Got it Made” from Scars and Souvenirs. Great song to start out the show with! They played MOST of their biggest hits. I was very disappointed that their show was only an hour long rather than the usual 90 minute show I’d expect from a

headlining band. I think they cut their set list short due to the small, unenthusiastic crowd. I have seen Theory of a Deadman before and they have put on longer shows in smaller venues. It was disappointing for the show to be short and not to hear some of the songs they usually perform live, however I cannot say that I blame them at all for cutting it short with so few people there and some of the ones who were there didn’t seem too interested.

This was a good old fashioned rock and roll show. I just wish more true rock fans had come out for it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5926081525290231/k2311a0826/8.26.11