Off! Deep Woods Insect Repellent Wipes, 20 Towelettes  » Health  »
  • I consider this to be far too expensive for it to be my only form of protection from mosquitoes and other biting flies, and so I just buy them as a supplement to a regular insect repellant aerosol spray
  • Each towelette is about the size of a credit card and easily fits inside my wallet so I know I’ll never get caught short if I’m in need of quick mosquito protection

• by C.L.

Being extremely prone to mosquito bites, I always carry a couple of Off! Deep Woods Insect Repellent Wipes around with me in my purse, and in my car.

These wipes come in a pack of 20 and so the costs works out to be about 40 cents per wipe. I consider this to be far too expensive for it to be my only form of protection from mosquitoes and

other biting flies, and so I just buy them as a supplement to a regular insect repellant aerosol spray. Each towelette is about the size of a credit card and easily fits inside my wallet so I know I’ll never get caught short if I’m in need of quick mosquito protection.

The Off! Deep Woods Insect Repellent Wipes are very heavy-duty insect repellant wipes and contain 25% Deet which is a ...

• lot more than some of the other insect repellants available. The idea behind this product is that a high percentage of Deet gives a greater protection against mosquitoes in dense areas where bugs are aplenty. For that reason, I always carry one of these in my back pocket whenever I go camping as a sort of “back up” in conjunction with my regular bug-spray.

One of the downsides about these

wipes is that the Deet smell is very strong and sometimes makes me feel a bit nauseated. Also, because the Deep Woods Wipes are pre-moistened with formula, I find that it goes onto my skin quite heavily, leaving an unpleasant greasy film. However, the product really does an excellent job of repelling bugs for a very long time (up to six hours) and the wipes are handy to carry around.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3425081525020631/k2311a0825/8.25.11