Turtle Beach X31 Headset  » Electronics  »
  • I found that upon using the headset, it didn't really help as much as it claimed
  • The 8 speaker system inside each side of the headset really improves the gaming experience in my opinion
  • People call it an unfair advantage, but I think it's taking advantage of everything the game has to offer- including surround sounds
  • In my opinion, it really enhances overall skill level and helped me get to where I am today

• by topdoghawaii

The Turtle Beach X31 gaming headset comes with the headset, a cable from headset to controller, AV cables, and a transmitter box to make it wireless. It is different from its predecessor the X31 because it is wireless (from the console at least).

Unboxing: When I unboxed the headset, I was surprised to find that the headset came with protectors for your ears. I had heard that wearing the headset for an extended period of time can hurt your ears, and was pleased to see that TB was acknowledging that.

I found that upon using the headset, it didn’t really help as much as it claimed. However

after a few weeks of using it, I began to develop a better sense of hearing and I was able to get better at the video game I was playing because of it.

Likes: The 8 speaker system inside each side of the headset really improves the gaming experience in my opinion. People call it an unfair advantage, but I think it’s taking advantage of everything the game has to offer- including surround sounds. It helps with First Person Shooters really well. It does not hurt your ears (due to the protectors) and I really like how the headset automatically adjusts the game volume with the ...

• chat volume to balance it out.

Another great thing about the headset is that you can turn the TV volume all the way down and play without feeling like something is missing. I am often told to turn the volume of the TV down so that it wouldn’t bother other people around. Now with this headset, I can turn the game volume or chat volume up as loud as I wish without worrying about irritating anybody nearby. This feature is extremely helpful when playing at night and the family is sleeping.

Dislikes: Sometimes when I play, my friends hear a high pitched noise coming from my

mic. Although it’s annoying, I simply have to unplug and plug back in the cable from my headset to the controller. It only happens once every week so it’s nothing drastic.

After a long time using this headset, I can happily say that I found almost no problems with it and that if I could make the choice again, I would definitely buy this headset again.

Overall, the headset is quite amazing. I really like how you can tell where any opposing players are coming from. In my opinion, it really enhances overall skill level and helped me get to where I am today. Keep doing what you’re doing TB!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1625081524980631/k2311a0825/8.25.11