Rimmel Clean Finish Foundation #120 Ivory  » Cosmetics  »
  • When I saw it was only a fraction of what my usual brand cost (it was under $4 for an ounce), I decided to give it a try
  • I know it sounds weird to want to wear makeup that makes it look like I'm not wearing any, but that's actually a perfect foundation to me, if it can do that

• by WendyBird

When I was at the store buying some more foundation because I had ran out, I couldn’t find my shade in my preferred brand. I started looking at the other options and when I saw Rimmel Clean finish Foundation (#120 Ivory), I had a moment where I thought, “Hmm, I haven’t tried this yet.” When I saw it was only a fraction of what my usual brand cost (it was under $4 for an ounce), I decided to give it a try.

I was sold on the claims such as that it would make me look 100% poreless, it contains Vitamins A & E, and that it was both fragrance free and lightweight. I buy it in ivory because I am photosensitive, so needless to say, I am looking like Casper the Ghost since I

cannot tolerate the sun. I did try it on my hand before buying it because they had two shades of ivory available (the other was “classic”), and this one better suited my skin tone.

It comes with a top that has a “stick” built on with a paddle on the end. I pretty much figured that it was for mixing the makeup inside like one would paint with a paint stick, because it does tend to become a little solid after sitting for a while. But, it only takes seconds to become smooth liquid again when using the paddle. I only saw that happen at the top part of the makeup, but it was weird that it did that. It’s so packed and full with makeup that at first, shaking it ...

• did not good to mix it up. so, it was good that it had that.

I was really surprised by this makeup because I didn’t think it would really make me look poreless. But, it actually does. It goes on evenly and easily and didn’t make me look like I was wearing makeup. I know it sounds weird to want to wear makeup that makes it look like I’m not wearing any, but that’s actually a perfect foundation to me, if it can do that. this one is really, really close. It covers my light freckles and such (yay), but doesn’t feel heavy on my face and doesn’t leave any lines to show that I am actually wearing anything. so, blemishes and flaws are totally covered but I still look “natural”.

It just shocked me that a $3 and some change foundation could do that.

It doesn’t have any fragrance but it does have a light scent that comes off as weird. I am trying to think of something familiar it smells like but am coming up empty. It’s really light though and I don;t smell it at all maybe 5 to 10 minutes after applying the makeup.

The one thing I do not care for is that my face gets shinier faster with this makeup than with my other brand, and I have to pull out the compact sooner than I’d like. But, other than that it has been great and I will continue to buy this from time to time. It hasn’t broken me out and seems gentle on my skin. I’d recommend it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124081524731231/k2311a0824/8.24.11