Emami Vasocare Petroleum Jelly with Herbs  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • The Emami Vasocare comes in a few different sizes but I decided to go for the smallest size which has 10ml of product and comes in a little jar
  • It cost me only S$1.00 which I thought was so inexpensive but going by the size I guess that it is a trial version
  • It also has illustration of lips, hands and feet to indicate the usage of the jelly which I found to be quite cute
  • I was glad that I only purchased the small version and not the full size and won’t be purchasing it again or recommend it to anyone else

• by true_value

I was looking for a moisturizer just to moisturize my ankles and feet as they were starting to look quite dry and I developed hard skin on my feet due to change in weather and extra cool air conditioning in my new office.

The lotions that I have were not helping much so I was looking for something that was in a thicker formula and something that would moisturize and soften my skin. I am not a fan of Vaseline just because I don’t like its texture and greasy feel on my skin even though I do admit that it does do a good job at softening and protecting skin from dryness.

So when I was looking for products I came across the Emami Vasocare Petroleum Jelly with Herbs. I was quite attracted by the product as the regular Vaseline usually comes

with nothing added and is basically 100% pure petroleum jelly.

The Emami Vasocare comes in a few different sizes but I decided to go for the smallest size which has 10ml of product and comes in a little jar. It cost me only S$1.00 which I thought was so inexpensive but going by the size I guess that it is a trial version.

The jar is tiny and cute and looks exactly like the bigger jar just a smaller version. It has this white and green design with a green flip open cap.

Emami claims the jelly to contain Aloe-Vera, Chamomile & Tulsi, lightly fragranced and that it is 5 times more effective than regular petroleum jelly.

It also has illustration of lips, hands and feet to indicate the usage of the jelly which I found to be quite cute. The jelly ...

• itself has a green tint and despite its claim to be lightly fragranced it is actually quite heavily perfumed.

I find it to be the case with most of the skin care products that are made in India. They seem to have heavy incense like fragrance that I often find quite too much to handle and this one did bother me quite a bit when I tried it on my lips.

The jelly has a slight green tint and the texture of it is much softer and thinner than regular Vaseline which I actually didn’t like because it felt like mineral oil when applied and did not seem to moisturize at all.

It feels nice on initial application and seems to leave a shiny gloss on my legs and arms but after just an hour or so it disappears completely and the

skin feels dry again. The sad part is that when I applied it on my baby daughter she actually has a reaction to it and she had rashes and redness over her back and legs it was like bumps thick and swollen.

I don’t know what was it that caused such a reaction but she had never reacted to anything like that and I was really shocked.

My skin seems to have no issues with it but it also does nothing good for my skin. I find that it is too think, greasy and liquidy to be moisturizing or protecting enough from dryness and if given a choice I would choose the regular Vaseline over this any day.

I was glad that I only purchased the small version and not the full size and won’t be purchasing it again or recommend it to anyone else.

Anu says :

I agree, I liked this product coz its so soft smooth gives a glossy finish on lips, but it doesnt stay much.

true value replies :

Yes you are right it needs reapplication quite often

Namo says :

I am using Emami Vasocare Herbal Petroleum Jelly for a year and from my experience it’s an excellent remedy for cracked and chapped skin especially on the side of the mouth. (Angular cheilitis ) Earlier I use other random cream on my face and lips but none of them can prevent the cracked on the side of my mouth and later it turned into sores, which is quite uncomfortable. And then the only means is to consult a doctor and get some medication for it.

After finding this new Emami petroleum jelly, all my problems regarding cracked lips and soreness disappeared. I don’t mind the smell at all and even during winter in North India, I only apply once a day. It is quite lasting. I don’t bother applying twice or thrice if needed but not so the requirement so far. This product do have the healthy benefits of herbs from my own experience using for a year.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3124081524711231/k2311a0824/8.24.11