Colgate Extra Clean Toothbrush  » Health  »
2.0
  • I like how this was created in a way that it does not hurt your tongue while using it
  • I think this is the main reason why Colgate has a cheap price because the bristles were super hard

• by ibizaspain

Brushing your teeth is a fundamental health habit. We learned that since we were kids. In my case, I always do it every after eating. I always brush after eating because I easily develop infection brought by my tonsils. Before I was hospitalized because my tonsils were infected. Whenever I eat or drink something sweet or sticky, I make sure that I clean my mouth right after. Brushing is important to maintain good oral health. If you do not brush often, this can lead to tooth decay, bad breath and gum problems. Since I brush a lot, I rely so much on my tooth brush in helping me clean my teeth. I used Oral B or Aquafresh before but I rarely see these brands today in the supermarket that

I visited. As a result, I ended up choosing Colgate Extra Clean. I did not have hesitance with this brand given the importance and prominence of Colgate in oral health.

This tooth brush is very cheap and this is a good start. Quite cheap compared to the common brands I patronize. But because of this huge difference in terms of its price tag, my expectation was true. I was not happy about it.

As to the functionality of the bristles, I commend Colgate for designing it this way. It has curved bristles which is designed to reach the tip of your far most teeth. It was very helpful because it is easy to brush the farthest molar that you have. It is quite a struggle to be using a ...

• brush with a flat bristles. You need to constantly change the angle just to reach the inner most part. The curved design of the bristles was really helpful here. I also like that it has tongue cleaner. The tongue cleaner has spiked surface which acts as the remover. The material used was okay. It was soft when you scrub your tongue with it. I like how this was created in a way that it does not hurt your tongue while using it.

Both the curved bristles and the tongue cleaner plus the material used for it were the winning points for me. The first drawback for me is its lack of “flex” capacity on the trunk of the brush. Aquafresh has incredibly created a tooth brush which flexes well

as you brush your teeth. The tendency if your brush do not have it, there is that inconvenience that you will feel despite the bristles are curved.

Another downside is the quality of the bristles. Both Oral B and Aquafresh have always manufactured tooth brush with soft bristles. I think this is the main reason why Colgate has a cheap price because the bristles were super hard. It really matters for me. If the bristles are hard, it can damage your gums which can eventually lead to pain or some dental problems. I experienced this with other brands. I have to slowly scrub it against my teeth that it will not encroach my gums. It is kind of difficult to be doing it. I was not so happy with the bristles.

shayna says :

I think it comes in too big of a bottle for toothpaste. Can get a good kind like Crest white in smaller bottle.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3424081524561231/k2311a0824/8.24.11