Nightmare on Elm Street the remake (2010 Film)  » Movies  »
  • Though I wouldn’t watch this film alone, and the film is definitely not something I would watch with a younger audience

• by Susanna Frank

While I never saw the original movie of Nightmare on Elm Street, I have to say that the remake was for the most part enjoyable in the realm of horror movies. This film also made me want to watch the original film so that I would have something to compare it to.

This film is not an extension of the first Nightmare on Elm street, but a remake and was made in 2010 to please a younger audience.

And this younger audience expects fear, and I really think this film delivers. The characters in this film all go to the same high school and know each other.

Unknowingly they also all went to the same pre-school, where a janitor who lived there named Freddy Kruger took them to the basement and molested them. The parents of these kids hunt him down and burn him alive, and now Freddy is back and killing of the kids ...

• one by one because they told on him. The main character, Nancy and her boyfriend Quentin, try and stop Freddy before he stops them.

Freddy was a great villain who really made me want to turn the lights on while watching the film. He is a villain that gets to his victims in their dreams , how scary is that!? For me it was extremely scary, though the overall look of Freddy himself was not very scary.

I got chills from watching the gory ways the characters died rather than the look of Freddy himself.

I feel like this film came together well, and the actors were a wonderful fit and complimented one another. It wasn’t something I wanted to hurry up and get over so that I didn’t have to watch the film anymore. Though I wouldn’t watch this film alone, and the film is definitely not something I would watch with a younger audience.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1124081524381231/k2311a0824/8.24.11