Pacific Tuscon Women’s Dual Suspension Mountain Bike
  • I'm an avid bike rider and I believe that the Pacific Tuscon is an all around fantastic bike
  • It has 26 inches wheels, which I believe are wonderful, and there are a host of other good reason why I enjoy it
  • I bought it from K-Mart and I had to dish out 130 dollars on it
  • I love it because when I'm rolling over bumps and rough surfaces it does an effective job at absorbing most of the impact
  • If you are looking for a comfortable and low priced model, I would highly recommend this Pacific model

• by Jules

I’m an avid bike rider and I believe that the Pacific Tuscon is an all around fantastic bike. I have been riding this thing regularly for about a year. It has 26 inches wheels, which I believe are wonderful, and there are a host of other good reason why I enjoy it. I bought it from K-Mart and I had to dish out 130 dollars on it. I believe that 130 dollars for it was a fairly good deal when I look at how well it has functioned.

The suspension on this thing is amazing. I love it because when I’m rolling over bumps and rough surfaces it does an effective job at absorbing most of the impact. I believe that the suspension is great because it helps to provide a nice comfy ride. Both the front and rear wheels are very loose and they roll very easily. The tires have a lot of grip.

The grip on the tires are about 1/8 an inch thick. From the many times that I’ve used it I’ve noticed they it has great traction on many surfaces including dirt, concrete and even grass. The tires are also very thick, there is a lot of room between the surface of the tire and I believe that this is wonderful to prevent repeated punctures in the tubes.

The frame of it is made of heavy, perdurable steel. The frame of it is purple. I believe that this was a great color choice for the design of this particular frame. The color looks wonderful and it puts off a very nice radiant look. The handle bars do have rubber hand grips attached to them, they are made out of rubber material that compresses when you hand is wrapped around them. I really love these because to say they’re easy to grip would be an understatement and I’m also ...

• able to keep a good grip of them even when my hands are sweaty, which of course happens a lot when bike riding.

The seat on it has a lever so it’s hand adjustable. I believe that this was a logical addition because depending on how or where I’m riding it to sometimes my seat height preference changes so I love being able to easily change it when preferred. The lever is designed in a way where it has to be twisted by hand and then pressed down to hold the seat in place. One slight downside that I’ve incurred with this is that it seems to be almost impossible to get the seat to a really tight position when using just the hands. The lever is made out of steel and it hurts the heck out of my hand when trying to press it down when it’s tight. What I do to alleviate this is to use a

cloth to put between my hands and the lever.

This is a 18 speed. The adjuster to change the speed is located on the right side of the handle bar. When adjusting the speed the chain switches over very smoothly, sometimes I’m not even able to tell that the speed has switched. The brakes on it work well in my opinion. One thing that I will say about the brakes is that they do tend to need to be adjusted more than I would like. I ride it quite frequently and I have to re-position or tighten the brakes about once a month which is a bit more than I’ve had to do with other bikes in the past.

On a final note I want to say that this is probably the best bike that I’ve purchased at such a cheap price. If you are looking for a comfortable and low priced model, I would highly recommend this Pacific model.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1224081524291131/k2311a0824/8.24.11