Solarcaine Cool Aloe Burn Relief Formula Pain Relieving Gel, 8 oz.  » Health  »
0.5
  • I avoid the sun as much as I can since I am photosensitive, but sometimes I cannot help but get out there, and despite having a UV blocking umbrella and loads of sunblock on, I still manage to get a little bit of sun which turns to a burn
  • Solarcaine Cool Aloe Burn Relief Formula Pain Relieving Gel is one of the products I think is not so hot
  • But, that's the only things I like about it
  • I thought maybe it was just me, but it doesn't work on my daughter either, who does not have my illness and has normal skin
  • It's been so ineffective (and around $5 a bottle, too), that I would never buy it again, and certainly wouldn't recommend others to

• by WendyBird

I avoid the sun as much as I can since I am photosensitive, but sometimes I cannot help but get out there, and despite having a UV blocking umbrella and loads of sunblock on, I still manage to get a little bit of sun which turns to a burn. I have tried a few different burn-relief products, and some were wonderful, but some were just awful. Solarcaine Cool Aloe Burn Relief Formula Pain Relieving Gel is one of the products I think is not so hot.

This green aloe-colored gel comes in a see through 8 ounce bottle

and it lacks a squeeze cap which would be very handy. Instead, I have to open the top and shake it out onto my hand, usually resulting in my getting out way too much product. It feels wet and slimy like other gel products like this when it comes out, but it dries on the skin quickly, but leaving a sticky residue behind. The plus sides to the product are that it is fragrance free and has less alcohol in it than some of the other brands out there, so it isn’t so harsh to the ...

• damaged skin. But, that’s the only things I like about it.

When using it, it feels cool and does seem to draw the heat away from my burn and does calm the pain down. But, it only lasts 2 minutes or so before the burning is back and I need the product again. To me, that is incredibly ineffective. I, myself, can go through a bottle of this stuff in a day if I use it from the morning on; that’s how often I have to reapply it.

I thought maybe it was just me, but it

doesn’t work on my daughter either, who does not have my illness and has normal skin. With her as well, it only lasts a few minutes before it no longer helps any. It doesn’t even have to be a bad burn, as mine never really are. Even a slight burn gets no real relief with this product. It’s been so ineffective (and around $5 a bottle, too), that I would never buy it again, and certainly wouldn’t recommend others to. There are much better products out there that work much better than this one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423081524100931/k2311a0823/8.23.11