BioForce Dentaforce Toothpaste Rosemary 3.5 oz
  • I have a problem with most of the mainstream toothpastes out there
  • I like mint, but not nuclear powered mint
  • I have used quite a few of these natural pastes and they are quite interesting
  • This paste has a fresh, herbal-spice-rack kind of taste, that I found very refreshing
  • I would definitely recommend this paste as a gentle and natural alternative to the boring mint pastes out there

• by reviewabit

I have a problem with most of the mainstream toothpastes out there. The strong mint flavors burn my mouth like crazy and I hate them. I like mint, but not nuclear powered mint. It causes me to spend less time brushing because I can’t wait to get the burning taste out of my mouth. Obviously this is not good for oral hygiene, so I started using either children’s brands, which have flavors like fruit and bubble gum, or natural brands, which have options other than mint, extra mint, and super-burn-your-tongue-off-mint.

I have used quite a few of these natural pastes and they are quite interesting. Some of them do not have fluoride, and some do. Some do not have sodium lauryl sulfate, and some do. Often they have alternatives to these ingredients, which cleanse the teeth in

a different way. I tried the BioForce rosemary toothpaste because it was one I had not tried yet, and I like rosemary. It is made with rosemary, basil, and other herbs, and flavored with essential oils. It uses ground calcium carbonate to scrub away stains and tartar, and does not have fluoride. It also does not have artificial colors or preservatives, and it is sulfate free.

Sulfates are what give most toothpastes their characteristic foaming ability. When you remove this detergent, toothpaste either does not foam, or uses an alternative that may not foam as well. At any rate, you can expect a sulfate free toothpaste not to lather up like the ones you are probably used to. Contrary to popular belief, this does not mean that it is not cleaning your teeth. It will have other ingredients ...

• to do that– foaming is not necessary to cleanse with. We are just accustomed to it.

When I first used the paste, I was already familiar with how non-foaming toothpastes feel, as I have used quite a few that did not have the sulfates. This paste has a fresh, herbal-spice-rack kind of taste, that I found very refreshing. It is not a sweet paste, but it does freshen the mouth and get rid of bad breath. The flavor is mild and does not burn, which is the most important thing for me. I have found that even when natural brands make a mint toothpaste, it is milder in flavor and does not hurt my mouth. I don’t know why other people seem to prefer having their mouths burned. A mint toothpaste should not burn any more

than a piece of mint gum, in my opinion.

This paste is pleasant to use even thought it does not foam. You can feel the fine grit polishing away your stains and plaque. After rinsing my mouth, my teeth and gums feel great and look sparkling clean, and that is what I want from a toothpaste. Although there is no fluoride, there are many who argue that we do not need it because of all the fluoride we are exposed to from our tap water. I am not sure which side of the arguments I am on, but I use both types of pastes interchangeably. I am pretty sure I am getting enough fluoride one way or the other.

I would definitely recommend this paste as a gentle and natural alternative to the boring mint pastes out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423081523890931/k2311a0823/8.23.11