MoodPak Sleep Supplement w/melatonin 10 caps
  • The night I spent was unfortunately the night I was due home, and I did not have an amitriptyline to take that night
  • I had some experience with trying to get off the drug several times before, because I am not fond of the side effects it can and does produce
  • I think the idea that I was not going to be able to sleep was the main thing keeping me awake
  • I would highly recommend this product for an occasional sleepless night

• by reviewabit

I have a sleep disorder and normally take amitriptyline every night to get to sleep. Without it, I have a very difficult time sleeping, which is what led to my diagnosis of fibromyalgia, since my lack of sleep is tied in with my muscle symptoms. Once when I was traveling, I made a horrible mistake. Instead of packing my entire prescription in my carry on bag, I only put enough pills for the trip. You can probably guess what happened. I got delayed and had to spend the night at a hotel in a city I was not even supposed to be in! Gotta love air

travel and unexpected weather.

The night I spent was unfortunately the night I was due home, and I did not have an amitriptyline to take that night. Going without one for a single night is usually not a big deal. Although I cannot sleep, I at least don’t go through withdrawal symptoms. That takes several days of no sleep. I had some experience with trying to get off the drug several times before, because I am not fond of the side effects it can and does produce. I knew that natural sleep aids like melatonin would not work for me long term, but they would help

short term. Fortunately, there was a drug store type of shop in the airport, and I was able to find some “MoodPak” supplements to help get me to sleep for the one night.

This was an impulse sale sort of package of ten capsules, the perfect size for selling to weary delayed travelers. I bought one. In addition to a frustrating day, scary weather, lack of my medicine, and being in a strange place, I had to battle with jet lag as well. This was going to be an iffy night. The blend of ingredients was a typical one for products of this type. It had ...

•  MoodPak Sleep Supplement  w/melatonin 10 caps
      valerian root, gaba, passionflower, hops, chamomile, piperine, and the all-important melatonin, which I knew would work if the others did not. I took a capsule twenty minutes before bed as the package suggested. I then took another, pretty sure that one would not be strong enough for me. I think the idea that I was not going to be able to sleep was the main thing keeping me awake. I was physically and mentally exhausted otherwise.

I got comfortable in the bed and turned on the hotel TV to see what was on. I called my partner at home to say good night and reveal my

awful day. As I settled in watching some movie on the Sci Fi channel, I fell asleep. I don’t even remember being sleepy, but when I woke up, I actually felt rested. I knew this was not a product that would work more than a few nights, but for the night that it did work, I was extremely grateful. It may have simply been my exhaustion, but I swear I think it worked better than all the other remedies I had tried when I was trying to come off of the amitriptyline. I would highly recommend this product for an occasional sleepless night. It works.

Annie says :

As a fellow person with fibromyalgia, thanks for this review. Sleep is always a problem for those of us who suffer with muscle pain and sleep problems.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3423081523880931/k2311a0823/8.23.11