Twitter Social Networking
www.twitter.com
  • Don't get me wrong, I love Facebook- I've reconnected with so many people because of it, but the hundreds of application requests/invites I get a day is ridiculous- this was also before I knew of account controls that could stop that from happening
  • To say the least, I found Twitter more aesthetically pleasing without all the clutter on my news feed
  • I find Twitter more appropriate for a younger audience as well as adults and the elderly because there isn't a lot of information they can provide on twitter that can make them prey to sexual predators (which is a huge issue these days with children on the Internet)
  • It is, in my eyes the best real social networking tool
  • I give Twitter 10 out of 10 and recommend it to all types of users

• by SweetG

When Twitter made it’s way on the Internet scene I didn’t get that excited. Think about it, in the social networking niche we first had Myspace, then it was pretty much taken over by the Facebook movement. So we all started out on one Social Networking site (Myspace), then we all discovered Facebook, found it more appealing and made out homes there. So when a third social networking site came about, I wanted no part of it, I didn’t want to move again.

I got hooked onto twitter because of an online game I played. It was a text based rpg, and we could earn small amount of stats and points by sharing stuff we did in the game on twitter, its a promotional thing. So I strictly signed up on twitter to get stuff on the game that I played. After using it for so long with the game, I became interested in it enough to make a personal account.

The first thing that attracted me to using Twitter personally was the simplicity

of it. Don’t get me wrong, I love Facebook- I’ve reconnected with so many people because of it, but the hundreds of application requests/invites I get a day is ridiculous- this was also before I knew of account controls that could stop that from happening. To say the least, I found Twitter more aesthetically pleasing without all the clutter on my news feed.

The second thing that attracted me to Twitter was that they only let you divulge so much information about yourself. Unlike Facebook you can’t upload hundreds of pictures of yourself, or tell everyone your whole life story. For your profile you can upload a picture, your name, location, website and a short bio about yourself- no more than 160 characters. Again I love Facebook, but boy oh boy does Facebook have a lot of information on a lot of people. I find Twitter more appropriate for a younger audience as well as adults and the elderly because there isn’t a lot of information they can provide on twitter that can ...

• make them prey to sexual predators (which is a huge issue these days with children on the Internet).

Finally the thing I love about twitter is the activity of celebrities. On Facebook you can like celebrity fan pages, but I find they are less personal. On Twitter, you literally see real words from the people that you love to watch and listen to. You don’t have send them a request and wait for them to accept if they even do so at all. All you have to do is click follow and you can keep up with them day to day. Don’t take this as a way that you can harass people on twitter, people who you do choose to follow have the power to block you.

That is what makes twitter a true and safe forum, plus a really good way to network. It’s an open door and you let anyone in, but you can always kick them out but at the same time still keep that door open to let people

in. Most of the people who follow me on Twitter are not people I have ever met, I have no family that follows me- they follow me because they are interested in what I have to say.

I also really love the hashtags, it is a fun way that people can attract readers to their posts. Say I make a post about a celebrity and somewhere in the post I do this: #johnnydepp. When people use Twitters search function and search for johnnydepp, they will eventually find my post in their search results. You can also find people you may be interested in following by doing searches yourself. It is, in my eyes the best real social networking tool.

Twitter is a good site for anyone, specifically freelance workers, it is a great way to find new clientèle and even partnerships. It is safe for kids/teens as long as the parents still take a part in their online activities and monitor them.

I give Twitter 10 out of 10 and recommend it to all types of users.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2023081523870931/k2311a0823/8.23.11